Tunisia Safari!

Nature Traveler

Nature Traveler

As a biologist, we generally consider Tunisia and its rich flora and fauna to be palearctic in nature, and therefore more aligned with the European stuff, but we definitely saw some of her best African species as well. And the culture is clearly a fascinating mix. We spent two weeks this past summer exploring Tunisia's rich flora and fauna and culture! Some depressing conservation news as well....

http://cokesmithphototravel.com/expedition-to-tunisia.html

I love to see where you have gone Coke, you visit so many places that many of us wouldn't even think of and always come back with some fantastic images! :)

A very enjoyable TR, but such depressing news on the conservation front.

A fascinating read, thank you for sharing. I have read pretty much all your reports, and enjoyed all of them. Amazing adventures you and your family regularly have!

The dama gazelles, addax and scimitar-horned oryx truly are spectacular! And I was amazed to see the green and forestry scenery in the north, not something I would have associated with Tunisia. What you wrote about the status of conservation there is truly depressing, however.

Nature Traveler

We were shocked with the conservation situation in Tunisia. So sad to see so much of the wildlife being wiped out by the governing class in Tunisia. Check out this link one of my Tunisian contacts sent me the other day. I think I should post this in a more prominent location...

http://www.traidnt.net/vb/traidnt1955858/