Seabird Get Together - Northumberland, UK - Spring 2014

Safari Cal

@@kittykat23uk I have space and can pick you up from Newcastle train station on the Friday and drop you off on the Monday. I can pick you both up if thats easier for you than driving up?

I was planning to drive up the coast road on the Friday to arrive at Seahouses in time for dinner and a few drinks with everyone, so all you need to do is let me know what time you plan to arrive at Newcastle and I'll be waiting. I'm booking seats on the boat for the all day trip on Saturday, this gives us a chance to re-book for the Sunday if the weather is bad. (There would be space on at least one of the Sunday boat trips out).

So far those confirmed are:

@@Soukous x 2

@@africapurohit x 1

@@JohnR x 2

Me x 1 (Maybe other local birders/photographers coming along)

Potential:

You x 1 (or 2 if you convince Ian)

I'll book 10 spaces and if we have to cancel a couple it isn't a problem. You still have plenty of time to convince him, but I would think about booking the hotel soon as it is bank holiday weekend. I posted the details of a couple of local places earlier in the thread. If you have any problems let me know.

@kittykat23uk I will be driving up from Suffolk on Friday. I'll have plenty of car space adn would be happy to pick you up somewhere convenient.

Thanks both! We live in Norwich so that sounds promising to me. I will try and get @@BigBaldIan to make a decision and let you know ASAP.

@@kittykat23uk Great stuff, sounds promising, the mini UK GTG is turning into a maxi UK GTG,

@@Rainbirder Any chance you can make it down for the weekend?

is turning into a maxi UK GTG,

Safaritalkers rock!

We sure do GW :D

Just have to ask though, who's bringing Anti-Tern Head Protector (aka pith helmet) with them?

I am always metaphorically taking the pith. Must try to get a concrete one, so to speak. :rolleyes::P

Hiya,

I'll look at booking this as well. We'll have to leave it a little open for now, depending on Ian's job situation, but if I book a double room then he has the option of coming or not. :)

I have booked us in for the three nights too.

Cool @@kittykat23uk, that's great news, I'll get the spaces on the boat booked tomorrow.

Can't wait to meet everyone :D

• 3 weeks later...

great news @@kittykat23uk,

more pressure on the catering though, if you AND Ian come I'll be forced to buy a second bag of crisps. :D

kittykat23uk
:) I am hoping to bring the big man along. Depends on how his work pans out.

Hey everyone, I've booked us 10 seats on the Saturday morning all day trip.

I booked it under my name (Kerr) which shouldn't be a problem as we'll all have to meet by the booking hut at the harbour in any case.

Nearer the time I'll send out more information about the islands.

Cal

many thanks for that @@Safari Cal

Now I just need final numbers so I can inform the caterers.

It would also be good to know if anyone has dietary requirements, vegetarian, allergies etc. Wouldn't want to get the wrong flavour crisps.

africapurohit

Sorry for my recent inactivity on ST but your efforts are very much appreciated @@Safari Cal and @@Soukous - looking forward to meeting up.

Vegetarian for me please :)

• 1 month later...

Similar to @@africapurohit, I've been so busy with work and completing some studies that I haven't been able to contribute as often as I'd have liked on ST, but I'm back :D

I'm in Hong Kong en route to Borneo at the moment, jet lag has me sitting in bed typing this at 3.20am!!!!! So...

It's not too long now till the Seabird Extravaganza begins, for those that want regular updates on how the breeding season is going, you can follow what's happening on the islands at the National Trust's Blog if you follow this link:

http://farnephoto.blogspot.co.uk

Looking forward to meeting you all in May.

Thanks Jo :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just a month to go. Yippee!

do we have a final head count?

• 3 weeks later...
kittykat23uk

Ian and I are coming. What's the plan?

Ian and I are coming. What's the plan?

@@kittykat23uk do you guys need a lift?

Edited by Soukous

kittykat23uk

Thanks for the offer, I expect Ian will want to drive but I'll let you know. :)

Kitsafari

Have fun all!

kittykat23uk

Thanks @@Kitsafari.

@@Soukous spoke to Ian, he wants to take the car. Thanks for the offer though :)

Any thoughts for the Sunday?