Wild dog kill

Jochen

Greetz fellow ST'ers!

Long time no see, I know. Been very busy with moving (semi)permanently to Africa. We're now doing our first eight weeks in the bush. Let's call it a trial run (it's not a real job yet, jut doing a bit of photography & video).

Had quite a bit of fun this first week, but it was also very hectic. Learning all the roads, for example (I've got my own game drive vehicle so I've got to know my way around.

Not going to bore you with the "regular" images. Let's just skip to the most fun sighting so far. A wild dog chase and a kill. The cubs (almost adults) were very inquisitive and came to smell my boots. As a bonus; we saw them again the next day, and then they were very playful.

Enjoy the images!

(sorry for the faint at heart, but there's no way to "disneyfy" this)

J.

s001l.jpg

s002l.jpg

On the vehicle from nThambo is Luan (guide) and Isaac (tracker)

s003l.jpg

s004l.jpg

s005l.jpg

s006l.jpg

s007l.jpg

s008l.jpg

(yours truly. Yes, my hair is getting grey)

Pics from the day after;

s014a.jpg

s015a.jpg

s016a.jpg

Great sighting and pics. Just curios - are you planning to start a safari business in SA? If - what kind ?

Cheers.

Michael.

Hey Michael,

Don't know yet. We're on a sabbatical right now, so no need to make a decision yet.

Great stuff, Jochen. Keep me posted on your plans with Marula!

Nice work Jochen. Good luck with your future plans.

• 1 month later...

I guess the server (where the pics are on) is down temporarily. Try again tomorrow? ;)

Pics are back!

Will be home again next week, and share plenty stuff then.

Good for you, @@Jochen! Lovely to get an update and so happy to hear that the (semi)permanent move looks imminent! Way to go.