Tdgraves big-ish year 2015

Tdgraves

So, by my reckoning that is:

UK 16

USA 17

Africa 167

A grand total of 200 captured on camera and only a few that got away.....

So it should have been entitled Tdgraves bigger year, as it was more successful than 2014!

~ @@Tdgraves

Well done!

I've certainly enjoyed following along during your 2015 ‘Big Year’.

May 2016 be another fine year, starting soon in Kruger with upgraded gear!

Tom K.

Well done indeed!

great effort @@Tdgraves

so now on to 2016

great effort @@Tdgraves

so now on to 2016

But @@Game Warden hasn't said whether it'll be running or not.....

I am sure it is just a matter of individuals being interested enough to post their bird photos.

It will probably be you, me and @@Peter Connan again in 2016

• 5 weeks later...

great effort @@Tdgraves

so now on to 2016

But @@Game Warden hasn't said whether it'll be running or not.....

I am sure it is just a matter of individuals being interested enough to post their bird photos.

It will probably be you, me and @@Peter Connan again in 2016

Is that a challenge for me and @@Peter Connan? @@Soukous

@@Tdgraves @@Peter Connan

given that both of you have posted nearly twice as many bird photos as me in the past 2 years I don't see myself as particularly stiff competition, but I am happy to keep contribute if it keeps the Big Year idea going.

If it is only going to be the three of us, perhaps @@Game Warden can just consolidate the years into a single section, and we can carry on without any further PT required.

Unless of course we can get the likes of @@offshorebirder, @@theplainswanderer, @@janzin and @@Geoff involved?

How about it guys?

Edited by Peter Connan

offshorebirder

Sorry @@Peter Connan - it's just too much work double-uploading images to get them into STposts...

If there were a text-only based version I might go for it but I can barely manage getting images into a trip report and a couple of other threads like the shorebird one...

If it is only going to be the three of us, perhaps @@Game Warden can just consolidate the years into a single section, and we can carry on without any further PT required.

Unless of course we can get the likes of @@offshorebirder, @@theplainswanderer, @@janzin and @@Geoff involved?

How about it guys?

@@Peter Connan I must admit I haven't kept up with the 'big year' posts. What's the objective, to upload images of all the species that you photograph in the year?

How about it guys?

@@Peter Connan I must admit I haven't kept up with the 'big year' posts. What's the objective, to upload images of all the species that you photograph in the year?

@@Geoff yes

Thursday's Child

@@Tdgraves Not meaning to hijack this thread but interested that you get long tailed tits feeding in your garden, as although we see them in our garden they don't come to the feeders. So can I ask, is that bread in your feeders in post 262? Many thanks.

Hi @@Thursday's Child

Just saw this, and apologies for jumping in @@Tdgraves, but we get a lot of long-tailed tits in our garden and at the moment they are mainly on the feeders with suet and fat balls in.

@@Tdgraves Not meaning to hijack this thread but interested that you get long tailed tits feeding in your garden, as although we see them in our garden they don't come to the feeders. So can I ask, is that bread in your feeders in post 262? Many thanks.

@@Thursday's Child I agree with @@Zim Girl it is the suet blocks that they love. They will also eat the sunflower hearts, but they flock to the suet blocks, up to 10 at a time!!

@@Tdgraves

@@Zim Girl

Thank you for the advice that you gave to @@Thursday's Child about food for Long-tailed Tits

A few days ago I bought a suet block and holder

And today we saw (taken through window)

post-45513-0-46905400-1457283166_thumb.jpg

post-45513-0-84524900-1457283184_thumb.jpg

So we waited 20 years, and your advice gave us this after about 4 days. Thank you very much. These birds also send their thanks...

post-45513-0-63237200-1457283201_thumb.jpg

Coal Tit

post-45513-0-17072300-1457283216_thumb.jpg

Blue tit

@@TonyQ pleased to be of help - nice pics

Edited by Zim Girl

~ @@TonyQ and @@Thursday's Child

It didn't take long!

Excellent photos — they're exactly to my taste.

These are species which I've never seen.

Thank you!

Tom K.

• 2 weeks later...

@@Tdgraves

Although I am not a birder, I have been inspired by you to have a go at the "Big Year 2016" (though I will finish posting the Kenya Tip Report first!)

I enjoyed taking bird photos in our recent trip to Kenya so I want to continue that enjoyment in trying to take pictures of British birds.

When you know so little and have seen so few species, almost everything is a Lifer :)

Edited by TonyQ

@@Tdgraves

Although I am not a birder, I have been inspired by you to have a go at the "Big Year 2016" (though I will finish posting the Kenya Tip Report first!)

I enjoyed taking bird photos in our recent trip to Kenya so I want to continue that enjoyment in trying to take pictures of British birds.

When you know so little and have seen so few species, almost everything is a Lifer :)

@@TonyQ we'll have to ask @@Game Warden if it is on this year.....

@@Tdgraves

It looks like a 2016 section has been started - so I will have a go!