Etosha West to East - Part 2 of our trip to Namibia

penolva

~ @@penolva

If I understood correctly, those elephant and rhino images were made after midnight.

They're sensational! Your technique is inspiring.

I've never achieved such clear night images.

Thank you for posting them.

Tom K.

A great series of photographs and a lovely report. Thanks for taking us along with you.

Just to confirm. That was a Goshawk, Juv Chanting.

Loved the Martial Eagle series too. I can see you have been practicing. :blink:

Some great Rhino sightings too.

@@Galana I will try to improve my bird photography skills this year! As for identification I continue to rely on my hefty tome of a bird book. Unlike some who can even name the smallest in an instant! Takes years Pen

@@penolva

Glad to see you are enjoying Etosha. You're experiences are certainly mirroring mine as I also found the people well behaved at the waterhole. I mentioned in my report that it drove me crazy that I couldn't get a premier waterhole chalet and I rarely saw anyone on there balcony,so you've become my new favorite person. I'm glad you got to enjoy it but quite jealous at the same time!

I'm really enjoying you're report and reliving mine at the same time.

@@penolva

I'm sorry I missed that post earlier about Omguma. It is such a nice little place and so well run. You have one up ed me again though as I only heard the Lions from there.

@@penolva

Sorry I am late coming to this report. I have really enjoyed it - you make Etosha very inviting.

Great photos of the wildlife and the landscape - and such numbers at the waterholes.

those panoramic shots at the waterhole is breathtaking for its sheer abundance...i especially loved the kudu / rhino and the elephant herds !

@@penolva I am very late coming to this report but enjoying it greatly. I particularly like your night shots. Thank-you.

@@penolva

Glad to see you are enjoying Etosha. You're experiences are certainly mirroring mine as I also found the people well behaved at the waterhole. I mentioned in my report that it drove me crazy that I couldn't get a premier waterhole chalet and I rarely saw anyone on there balcony,so you've become my new favorite person. I'm glad you got to enjoy it but quite jealous at the same time!

I'm really enjoying you're report and reliving mine at the same time.

@dio we really loved that premier chalet, worth every penny! I did think of you when we saw that lion :) Pen

@@penolva

Sorry I am late coming to this report. I have really enjoyed it - you make Etosha very inviting.

Great photos of the wildlife and the landscape - and such numbers at the waterholes.

@@TonyQ very welcome glad you enjoyed Etosha through my eyes. Pen

• 1 month later...

Great TR @Penlova - the waterhole panoramic shots are superb.

Your photography is a treat thankyou.

• 5 weeks later...

"As we turned off the loop and back towards the gate I had a feeling a cat was watching me! John thought I was mad but after scanning with the binoculars and the long lens on the camera I spotted two cheetah far away under a tree. It was strange as I felt the stare before I saw them. That's a first!"

Perhaps your senses heighten in the bush. The human reaction to a stare is almost extra sensory.

You captured the elephants running in perfectly, raising havoc at the waterhole.

Nice job on the Osteophagy Photography! Common animals can surprise us with uncommon behavior.

Remind me of the dates of your Etosha visit, please.

Edited by Atravelynn