Morocco, what a wild adventure

PCNW

PCNW,

Thanks again for this wonderful trip report and photographs! They really made the places come to life. Thanks for the before/after examples, the pictures were good before, but your PP is amazing. I need to make time to read more, watch more youtube videos, and generally practice more. I think that's the secret :)

When and where is your next trip?

Your photos from the trip to Morocco are just amazing. They made me recall my own trip to Morocco 33 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

@@xyz99 To answer your question I've just booked a trip to Costa Rica. And like he said about a trip to Africa.....I'll never go....ok, but just once.....to definitely going back....my husband said he'd never stay in an eco lodge that doesn't have a/c....but we are. Booked 2 nights in San Juan, 4 nights in Lapa Rios and 8 in Nayara Springs.

@@optig Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it.

@@PCNW what a great report, your photo's are sensational.

In August 2001 I travelled to Tunisia I went spent 2 nights in the desert which was amazing.

I also took a lot of Photo's of Doors in the medina of Tunis.

Thanks again for your report.

Hads

@@xyz99 To answer your question I've just booked a trip to Costa Rica. And like he said about a trip to Africa.....I'll never go....ok, but just once.....to definitely going back....my husband said he'd never stay in an eco lodge that doesn't have a/c....but we are. Booked 2 nights in San Juan, 4 nights in Lapa Rios and 8 in Nayara Springs.

@@optig Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it.

You are going to LOVE Costa Rica! It's one of my favorites...can't wait to read about your adventures there and see your pics. Just wait until xelas finds out where you're going next :)

Patsy, how funny that you just booked a trip to Costa Rica. We just got back, which is why I'm so late returning to your TR! We stayed on the Osa Peninsula at Bosque del Cabo, which is right next door to Lapa Rios. You're going to love it. I will have to investigate Nayara Springs, as I haven't heard of it, but no problem: our first trip to Costa Rica definitely was not our last. It was a perfect midwinter break.

Thank you so much for so openly sharing your trade secrets. As a beginner (this time last year, I didn't even know that my camera had a light meter, much less what a person would use it for!), I'm eagerly soaking up any instruction I can get. I think the most captivating photograph of so many that you posted is the old man in the brown robe sitting down in front of that colorful mosaic wall (before and after shots in post #58). The light and shadows in the finished work are just beautiful. You really make the case for the need to hone post processing skills, and I truly appreciate your candid opinions.

I must say that I still think your storytelling capabilities match your photographic skills. A trip filled with so many hijinks, I think you'll be the center of attention at cocktail parties for some time now.

(By the way, there is a dark little tapas bar on the back side of Plaza Mayor called "Meson del Champinon" that might just change your mind about never returning to Madrid. I ate so many mushroom caps filled with diced jamon and baskets of flash fried pimientos, along with glasses of the house Tempranillo, they had to roll me out the door!)

Thanks again for a great report.

Peter

Edited by Alexander33

@@xelas To answer your question from another thread I've already booked our trip. And like he said about a trip to Africa.....I'll never go....ok, but just once.....to definitely going back....my husband said he'd never stay in an eco lodge that doesn't have a/c....but we are. Booked 2 nights in San Juan, 4 nights in Lapa Rios and 8 in Nayara Springs. We're not doing any driving. I appreciate your offer for advice and when questions come up I'll know where to go!!!

@@Hads Thank you for your positive words.

@@PCNW

Just be sure to fly to San Jose SJO), Costa Rica and not San Juan (SJU) Puerto Rico :D:D !

Lapa Rios and Nayara Springs ... please post some photos of those two properties!

Will you fly or be driven to Osa? For 8 days in Arenal, what are your plans?? Because it sound like a lot of time for someone without a car :huh:?

I hope that @@Alexander33 will post soon his trip report from Osa (as Bosque del Cabo is not far away from Lapa Rios).

Enjoy the land and people of Pura Vida!

@@xelas I'll definitely take some pics of the properties to share. This trip was supposed to be my husbands choice which would normally be a resort and pretty much doing nothing but relaxing, reading.....but I've turned it into more of a trip that I want to do. So the 8 days at Naraya is to keep him happy. We'll do some 1/2 tours although I don't have anything in mind just yet....any suggestions?

What about 1/2 trips from San Jose that might be photogenic?

@@PCNW Wonderful report and gorgeous photos! My husband has always mentioned interest in visiting Morocco and I have not been so interested, but your report makes me see the appeal.

In Costa Rica, from Arenal go visit the Hanging Bridges with a guide and try to go to http://www.institutoasis.com/costa-rica-animal-rescue-center/ - it's a very good animal rescue center and you can interact with some of the animals. I'm sure you would get some great photos there. Best to arrange in advance I think.

Here's my report from my second trip to Costa Rica where we visited both the Drake Bay (Corcovado) side of the Osa and the Puerto Jimenez (Bosque del Cabo) side of the Osa http://safaritalk.net/topic/12578-some-like-it-hot-a-trek-through-costa-ricas-osa-peninsula/?hl=%2Bcosta+%2Brica

Edited by SafariChick

@@PCNW

I really enjoyed your report - fabulous pictures of the people and the desert. The before and after is very useful - but also show the quality of the "before"!

PCNW,

In Arenal we loved the day trip to Cano Negro. I don't remember who we used, but I'm sure your hotel can recommend someone. It's a long, bumpy drive but it's worth it. Lots of birds, bats, monkeys, etc.

If you are adventurous, try zip lining. We did it, but once was enough, I would not do it again :)

The funny part is we did it based on friends' recommendation, they said they loved it. After we came back and I told them that I was scared to the bone the entire time, they admitted that's exactly how they felt, too. Then why...why did you pushed us into doing it? Well, we have great memories and it's still a good conversation topic.

Have a great trip, Costa Rica is beautiful and the people are warm and friendly. What more can you ask for?

@@xyz99 Zip lining.....yea....doesn't appear too scary but after my sister's comments, yours and many others I now know it's probably not for me as I get nervous on a ferris wheel.

Funny, I won't put foot on a Ferris wheel, but I really enjoy abseiling...

Not sure about zip-lining, haven't done that yet.

• 6 months later...

I had to re-read this, as we are now planning the Morocco trip. Going next May :)

Your pictures continue to amaze me.

• 9 months later...

@@xyz99 Great, you're probably there now. i hope to see your report soon.

• 3 years later...

~@PCNW Thank you for such a delightful trip report.

I enjoyed reading it from start to finish.

Tom K.