Dave Williams Big Year 2017

Dave Williams

Dave Williams

362........ over and out !

I could add a bad photo to make one more but I have posted enough poor ones! Instead I'll post the best from today, a Common Redpoll found in an upland area in North Wales

The year ended on a bit of a downer with little of note found today despite visiting several sites.
Never mind, the start a New Big Year tomorrow, hope everyone has a good one.
cheers Dave

39410680791_f211e0f5cc_b.jpgCommon Redpoll   Acanthis flammea by Dave Williams, on Flickr

To you too Dave, and thanks for all the high quality shots - always gives me something to aspire to. 

Dave Williams

I'm expecting Alex to have found a hatful on his first day in South Africa so I guess the Hare has probably beaten the Tortoise this time around.

Dave, I have found two hatfuls on the last day, and in less then 6 hours we will start da capo on the first day. Another hare vs. turtle race ?

What a beautiful picture to finish with! 

Peter Connan

Beautiful finish to a very enjoyable and inspirational effort Dave!

Well done Dave. Love the logo too. Go for roadrunner next??

• 2 weeks later...
Dave Williams

363) Azure-winged Magpie....China!

This is the Chinese species which has now been classified as different to the one seen in Spain. An extra year tick and one for my photo big year 2017!

@xelasI'm waiting on the hare then I'll upload another 40-50

24840509567_e13d112294_b.jpgAzure-winged Magpie   Cyanopica cyanus by Dave Williams, on Flickr

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

An extra year tick and one for my photo big year 2017!

And deservedly so.

Looking forward to the next 40-50.:ph34r:

13 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

xelasI'm waiting on the hare then I'll upload another 40-50

OK, OK, I am working hard on our last 2 days, but I can tell you right now that you will not need to post all of your extra 40-50 to beat the hare ;).

• 2 weeks later...

A lovely shot of the Azure winged magpie to finish the 2017 thread. And a great achievement in terms of quality as well as quantity.