Sailing Down the Chobe River

Tulips

A few more photos.  I should add that although there were lots of boats on the water, the viewing was never crowded and I can't recall a time that there was another boat at a sighting. 

The bird is a Kori Bustard

P1080600-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

P1080614-Edit-Edit.jpg

P1080616-Edit-Edit.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

@Tulips,

Nice pictures! You really get a different perspective from being on the water. Thanks for sharing your report. 

Thanks @AKR1.  I really enjoyed the water safari even more that the 4x4 land safari.

No other boats at the sightings! :D

Sounds  funny, but yes that is more very good information. - it would be a bit sad bobbing around with 12 other boats,  

My Mum did this in 2010 with a six-cabin boat based in Namibia and operated by Island Camp. She really enjoyed it and I have been keen to do it since, especially after a couple of boat rides on the Kasinga Channel in Uganda. So thanks for the reminder - not that I am likely to do it for a few years, but you never know.

Peter Connan

Lovely trip and great photos.

I never knew a Spurwing could be as colourful as the one in the first post.

Edited by Peter Connan

On 8/5/2017 at 0:24 AM, pault said:

No other boats at the sightings! :D

Sounds  funny, but yes that is more very good information. - it would be a bit sad bobbing around with 12 other boats,  

My Mum did this in 2010 with a six-cabin boat based in Namibia and operated by Island Camp. She really enjoyed it and I have been keen to do it since, especially after a couple of boat rides on the Kasinga Channel in Uganda. So thanks for the reminder - not that I am likely to do it for a few years, but you never know.

Recommended by both @Tulips and Bibi.  That's the gold star standard.  Seems to be a great way to enjoy the incomparable Chobe River.