Mfuwe's Year.

Galana

Dave Williams
6 hours ago, Galana said:

So does that let me off the hook as "Europe" is one of my three too?

Et tu Dai?

I wasn't aware you had set a target for yourself. I think 200 for Europe would be quite a score really, especially if you spend half you spare time and holidays elsewhere!

I don't expect to make it that's for sure but I'll hopefully get 150 with a bit of luck. I have 270 European species on my web site but it's taken years to see them all and travel to Iceland,Hungary,Bulgaria, Spain, and Greece as well as the UK. Some of those I will see elsewhere, particularly Africa but they of course can't be counted twice.

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

I wasn't aware you had set a target for yourself.

Neither did I. It was imposed on me by @xelas as a handicap which he mistook as Golf when I meant the Sport of Kings.

I agree. Whilst Europe's list is impressive the place stretches from Cap Finisterre to the Urals so it would be slow going. My list is only 333 and not all those have been photographed.

The "200 per continent" is meant to be as an average. My plans are 200-250 from Africa, 150-200 from Central America, and the rest from Europe. And all of them non-EBC photos :). Wish me luck !

Edited by xelas

Late evening, last second penalty awarded by sideline referee, all the reasons why some mistakes can be forgiven, or not, Dave :huh:?! Luckily the edit button still works :D.

Edited by xelas

I like the maths. Using the top end of each estimate 250 for Africa (in 2 visits)

and 200 for CR still leaves 150 for your 600 to come from Europe.

It looks like hard work.

Edited by Galana
Additonal text.

100 or 200 or 300 or ... as long as we all enjoy in birding, photography and all things related :wub:! Peace!