PeterHG

Thanks for the kind words, @Ritsgaai ! Glad you enjoyed the TR. It was a special week, indeed!

@PeterHG what a lovely idea to put time aside to spend time with your brother each year, and even better when you can spend time in Kruger. Thanks for this in-depth report from Kruger and your wonderful photos. I particularly like the sunset giraffe and the last sunset photo.

I found your comments on cameras and lenses very helpful and timely.

Thank you @Treepol for your words and for taking the time to read my report!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3-12-2017 at 2:26 PM, PeterHG said:

But what a great moment it had been and how generously our patience had been rewarded.

Always great when patience pays off. Did it feel as a little 'victory' for you too as you knew the guide had given up and left without seeing the leopard? It is how I sometimes feel, as I think some people are just too impatient on gamedrives. It's not that I want for those people to miss sightings, I hope everybody sees great stuff on safari, but if you yourself take the time and it pays off, great feeling.

Great pictures of all the birds! I'm not that much into birds, but think your pics are really interesting and make me appreciate them more.

Thanks for the kind comments. I agree completely with your views on patience, @LarsS ! Somehow it did feel a little satisfying that we got to see the leopard and the safari vehicle did not, although, like you, we would hope for every nature lover to see spectacles like this.