Last of the rains in Northern Botswana; More cheetah tracking tales with Spencer and Mr.Moe, AT's "Special" Cheetah ........ Photographic report Little Kwara and Lagoon ... April, 2018

madaboutcheetah

madaboutcheetah

Thanks a lot  @Kitsafari

@AKR1 Found an old photo from Tsum Tsum ...... The boys in their prime!  I think January, 2008.

LKandlagoon205.jpg (1 of 1).jpg

Thanks Hari.

Looks much like 2012 when I visited Tsum-Tsum with Hobbs and spent a wonderful few hours with the boys. 

Edited by AKR1
Typos

madaboutcheetah

A few photos from my iPhone 

IMG_5140.JPG

IMG_5141.JPG

IMG_5142.JPG

IMG_5143.JPG

IMG_5144.JPG

IMG_5145.JPG

IMG_5146.JPG

offshorebirder

Darned good photos from a smartphone @madaboutcheetah - especially the aerial shots.

On 4/20/2018 at 8:10 PM, Hads said:

@michael-ibk, @SafariChick & @pault thanks for an entertaining TR, great pics with excellent commentary.

Hari, spectacular landscape pictures period. From a phone- truly amazing. Apple or Samsung. Both companies are breathlessly waiting for your response.:D

The quote above in my post mysteriously appeared:o

michael-ibk

Hari, great stuff as always. Really makes me wonder why it's been five years now since I've been to the kwando camps... 

madaboutcheetah

Thanks a lot @offshorebirder @AKR1 and @michael-ibk

Your should, Michael ...... It's my absolute favourite spot in the whole planet! Especially NG 14 more so!!!

• 5 weeks later...
madaboutcheetah

FYI - For those that follow the Kwando page on Facebook - DOUBLE Den at Lagoon ....

Alas, the pack that gave me the slip at Lagoon - making us scratch our heads in frustration ......... Has two females denning 15m apart.  Ala the triple den at Lebala in 2014.  From memory that one also was early for the season.

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoying leftovers and a swim?  Not your typical cheetahs.  You saw it all, winning the majority of the football matches.

SafariChick

Missed this when you first posted, Hari - fabulous as always! Love the leopards, the foxes, the dogs, the hippo - and those iphone shots are amazing!! @AKR1 not sure if @madaboutcheetah replied to your question but he says it was iphone :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Great report Hari! Kwando certainly delivered as always! I must say fabulous photos and really impressed by your Iphone photos, stunning aerials! Thanks for sharing!

@madaboutcheetah - will send my regards to Moses for sure! We are waiting for you ;-)! We have had good cheetah viewing lately. Great video by Steve from Kalahari-cheetahs coming soon! 

Edited by basto