My latest trip to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust and birdwatching at Ngong Road Forest Sanctuary at the Ngong Racecourse.

optig

Yesterday I went to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust for the third time. I was happy to bring Esther my maid, Anne the administrator of the apartment complex where I live, as well as Triza my personal assistant. They all thoroughly enjoyed it and I found the baby elephants as cute as ever,  I had to wonder how anyone could propose shooting baby elephants in the name of conservation.There was a great mixture of tourists;American,British,Chinese,Indians and Kenyans who were mostly school kids. Due to my gruelling exercising as well as diet,I am rapidly getting rid of my belly and love handles.I am feeling much better.

P1090194.JPG

P1090195.JPG

P1090252.JPG

P1090239.JPG

P1090210.JPG

P1090256.JPG

P1090262.JPG

P1090229.JPG

P1090266.JPG

P1090237.JPG

P1090242.JPG

I was amazed to see a baby elephant using its trunk to hold its bottle to take milk.The milk is produced from a special formula developed by Daphne Sheldrick.I loved it.

P1090221.JPG

P1090217.JPG

P1090226.JPG

P1090219.JPG

I was also fortunate enough to see an antelope,warthogs and a black blind rhino.

P1090222.JPG

P1090247.JPG

P1090263.JPG

P1090278.JPG

P1090273.JPG

The day before, I went birdwatching at the Ngong Racecourse.I quite enjoyed it.I plan to go birdwatching once a week in Nairobi and the surrounding areas.

P1090175.JPG

P1090150.JPG

P1090165.JPG

P1090170.JPG

P1090173.JPG

P1090177.JPG

P1090179.JPG

@optig, the last photograph looks looks like a White-breasted Cuckoo-Shrike (female), but according to my bird book these are rare, am l wrong?

@CDL111 Yes it is ,thank you so much for your kind consideration.We spotted this bird just as we were about to leave the Ngong Racecourse.

@optig I love your Sheldricks photos.  As you know, I"m a huge fan and foster parent of multiples!  The rhino is Maxwell, who'll live out his life there at DSWT, but he has  a rhino friend from within the park that visits frequently!  I always find that relationship so interesting that it perseveres.

@amybatt I am proud to say that I sponsor Rapa and Luggard. Next year I will be visiting Ithumba Safari Camp and Umani Springs Camp with @Pamshelton3932 and @penolva. I am certainly looking forward to it.

3 hours ago, optig said:

@amybatt I am proud to say that I sponsor Rapa and Luggard. Next year I will be visiting Ithumba Safari Camp and Umani Springs Camp with @Pamshelton3932 and @penolva. I am certainly looking forward to it.

We sponsor Luggard as well! What a coincidence. We will be at the orphanage on Thursday at 11 am and again at 5 pm. Can't wait to see our little Luggard and all his friends again. Look forward to meeting up with you @optig later in the day. Pen

I sponsor Luggard too! (and about 10 others...it’s an addiction). And I’ve given a foster as a gift to my friend and hers is Rapa!

I’m looking forward to seeing the handful of my fosters that are still in Nairobi.  I lost a few when they “graduated” earlier this year!