Glass Frogs

Whyone?

Beautiful creatures photographed near Sierpe on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica.

Granular Glass frog:

44150443675_1c9a9ba1c9_o.jpg2R4C3184 by Whyone, on Flickr

44150443425_a4f9088a78_o.jpg2R4C3191 by Whyone, on Flickr

Emerald Glass frog:

44341637314_14bce4d992_o.jpg2R4C3196 by Whyone, on Flickr

44341637984_323b3c78fe_o.jpg2R4C3192 by Whyone, on Flickr

@Whyone? You know when I was a kid I had a copy of David Attenborough's Life on Earth and the 3rd and 4th of your images took me right back to that time, reading through it in wonderment. Perhaps it was that book which gave me, (as I'm sure many others), an interest in nature. Thanks.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your comments @Feliz @Game Warden and @Atravelynn

Matt - I know exactly the book and image you are talking about - I also was given and cherished that book (indeed, the self same book is still on my bookshelf in the lounge). I'm chuffed that my Sierpe Glass frog images re-kindled those memories for you. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! I can see why they're called glass frogs. They are fascinating!! Beautiful images :)