Kalahari, Northern Cape

Elsa Hoffmann

Extraordinary photography, absolutely stunning.

Elsa Hoffmann

@michael-ibk thank you very much for the kind comment. Much appreciated.  

Here's another one who is completely blown away, @Elsa Hoffmann This is incredible quality.

Elsa Hoffmann

@Sangeeta I really am humbled by all the kind comments. Thank you 

Wow, I don't even know where to begin with how stunning those pictures are!!

Elsa, my lower mandible is still hurting me, after my jaw dropped down to the desk after seein your absolutely fabulous set of photos! But then, nothing less that I would expect to come from you. As for bird photography, it looks like you have trained a lot :D! And, speaking of your next trip, are you planning to add a couple of photography workshop days there?! Or anywhere else, for that matter? But for now, please do post as many of photos as possible. 

Your photos are beyond stunning! Thanks so much for sharing! 

Elsa Hoffmann

@mtanenbaum Thank you so much for the comment. I cant tell you how I appreciate it 

@xelas Alex - I am glad there was a desk between your jaw and the floor. Re the next trip - when I take a client, one automatically end up sharing/helping/training - to get the best shots. Thats why one goes to these places after all.  Not everyone needs/wants "help", and as you know - even one who teaches, learns a lot from others. The old saying - "if you want to learn something - teach it" is absolutely true in photography. I assume you are thinking of sending the wife :) while you keep the fort at home :D:D
oh... and I have already  booked for next year......

Wow your images are just stunning each and every one so beautifully put together and executed.  

Great shots, the perfect association of excellent photography and creative processing.

These are just fantastic photos.The profile of the 2 lions is heartwarming...and yes, I know they are meat eaters :)

Edited by xyz99

6 hours ago, Elsa Hoffmann said:

and I have already  booked for next year......

You have booked or you are booked? BTW care to share dates? Not that I have any intention to send Zvezda anywhere, on her own. She might get lost (or distracted) and never to come home ...

Elsa Hoffmann

@xelas I booked for something like 7 - 31 October next year. I "might" have space for one person. Zvezda is just the right person :D

Since you have met me - you know she is safe with me. And since "you are so much better at photography than she is " - best you send her :D I mean I cant teach you anything hahahaha

1 hour ago, Elsa Hoffmann said:

And since "you are so much better at photography than she is "

That one, of course, is just a joke. There are only two things I am better at then she is, and one is driving a vehicle and second is not photography :D.

I will contact you directly for details about next year photo workshop; an offer even Zvezda will not want to refuse (I hope).

Edited by xelas

Elsa Hoffmann
4 minutes ago, xelas said:

That one, of course, is just a joke. There are only two things I am better at then she is, and one is driving a vehicle and second is not photography :D.

I am just teasing you haha

What a treat this report will be. Add me to your long list of fans, and, yes, please post as many photos as you can!

Elsa Hoffmann

@Ratdcoops  Thank you kindly 

@Bush dog Thank you. For me personally I feel that editing is as much part of the process as taking the image. Thank goodness I like editing ! 

@xyz99  thank you :) I am one of "those" people who don't like witnessing a kill, so I prefer the kinder shots. These lion were very very close - so I couldnt zoom out more to even include more of it's ears. It's a good thing I didnt have to catch my own supper - or I would have been a vegan. 

I am admiring every single photo...each the work of a master. Thank you, Elsa.