B.Y. 2019. The Tortoise rules!

Dave Williams

An amazing photo of the Goshawk- well done.

And past 50 now...

Edited by TonyQ

Fantastic. How close was the Bonelli to the hide?

58 already! And really magnificent shots to boot!

Dave Williams
2 hours ago, mvecht said:

Fantastic. How close was the Bonelli to the hide?

15m perhaps.

Dave Williams
2 hours ago, Peter Connan said:

58 already! And really magnificent shots to boot!

Don't tell the Hare!!

No doubt he's snapping away in Eastern Cape so I won't be ahead for too long.

Love the Goshawk. Very impressive indeed. One of my favourite raptors and you captured it just right.

The Hare was in touch two days ago and is now headed for Umfolozi.

He says "So far we did have some success with birds," and has also been in touching distance with White Rhino.

11 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Don't tell the Hare!!

No doubt he's snapping away in Eastern Cape so I won't be ahead for too long.

As @Galana said, they are in Northern Natal now, and I know from personal experience that is one of SA's most diverse areas, so that is quite possible. But he would have to pull a rabbit out of a hat (and probably make the hat first) to get the type of quality you got in Spain!

Just catching up on a few fellow BY participants, while having some decent wifi in Costa Rica. What a stunning collection you managed to take back with you from Spain, @Dave Williams! All very high quality shots but my heart beats fastest when looking at that Bonelli's Eagle!

First prize for quality photos is already given to @Dave Williams! Congratulations from both of us. Indeed Zvezda is happily snapping away and for sure there will be some quality photos to post. But not each and everyone, like yours, Dave!

Edited by xelas