Another safari to Nairobi National Park and Kenya Wildlife Foundation,Kitengela

optig

Last week I made a daytime excursion to Nairobi National Park and have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it again. I especially enjoyed seeing the lions and watching them tear apart a zebra, it doesn't matter how many times I've already seen lions. I also loved seeing giraffes, zebras.buffalo,impalas, grey backed jackals, a hippo, and eland. The birding was just excellent. 

P1090822.JPG

P1090826.JPG

P1090827.JPG

P1090834.JPG

P1090843.JPG

P1090868.JPG

P1100041.JPG

P1090912.JPG

P1090932.JPG

P1090965.JPG

P1090973.JPG

P1100036.JPG

P1090936.JPG

P1100017.JPG

P1090954.JPG

P1090958.JPG

P1090976.JPG

Edited by optig

Nice to have this as your back yard. 

That male looks very thin. He does seem to be at the zebra carcass so that is good.

@optig what were your impressions of the railway viaduct? 

Matt

Pamshelton3932

Love the lion and zebra setting.  Where else can you experience such wildlife with a huge city as a backdrop.  I tried getting a shot like that when I was there, but failed rather miserably.

Looks like you had some really nice sightings - and a great example of the park's juxtaposition with the cityscape.

Thanks for the trip report, @optig.  I’m a big fan of NNP and it’s been very good to me with sightings.  I am jealous that you have such easy access to this gem!  

@Game WardenObviously I was vociferously opposed to the construction of the railway through Nairobi national park but just having been there I have to say it doesn't really make any difference in fact it was hardly noticeable.One can see on a map that it only passes through a corner of the park.P1090920.JPG.46818b0be5ab47a6ff539c8ae7a19a90.JPG

Edited by optig

These are some more photos of me at Nairobi National Park and Kitengela.I also have my personal assistant Triza,Ann my administrator,Peter my guide and Charles who was our driver.Hopefully I look much slimmer.

P1090982.JPG

P1090979.JPG

P1100037.JPG

P1090880.JPG

P1090918.JPG

P1100014.JPG

P1100041.JPG

P1090853.JPG

Edited by optig

great to see NNP through your eyes @optig . and so nice for you to have company on safari! interesting thoughts on the railway viaduct. 

that male lion did look thin - did he managed to eat the zebra? 

@KitsafariThank you so much buddy.Hearing from you means so much to me.Yes that emaciated lion managed to eat the zebra of course with some help from other lions.I hope you noticed that I look a little bit slimmer in those photos.