Namibia 2018 - Namib-Naukluft & Etosha

adamt123

Thank you for writting this trip report, @adamt123! I surely found it interesting, filled with great sightings and photos.

Peter Connan

Indeed, thank you. Both interesting and enjoyable!

Thank you for your report, it's always a pleasure to read a report as invariably there is something in it that l or others have not seen or been to that location.

Not only sepia, but B&W.  Like you, I was pleased with the government lodges.  Glad to know there may be a next time for you. Thanks for your interesting and enjoyable report!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting this report. We have been fortunate enough to spend several weeks in Etosha albeit a number of years ago now and this took me right back there. My favourite waterhole was Klein Okevi too, just for the proximity and viewpoint from the vehicle. Spent several happy afternoons parked up there, most of the time being the only car and had some great sights, a porcupine in broad daylight being the highlight.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your trip with us with some lovely sightings and photos!

Namibia is such an amazing destination. Ourselves arrived back from a trip to the Namib Desert last night. :D 

thank you everyone again for your kind words

A quick correction - the damara hornbills (t. damarensis) are in fact regular southern red billed hornbill (t. rufirostris) - i guess being so close to damaraland i just assumed they were t. damarensis but the sasol guide confirms that they are t. rufirostris. 

10 hours ago, adamt123 said:

thank you everyone again for your kind words

A quick correction - the damara hornbills (t. damarensis) are in fact regular southern red billed hornbill (t. rufirostris) - i guess being so close to damaraland i just assumed they were t. damarensis but the sasol guide confirms that they are t. rufirostris. 

I did the same thing.

The birds don't care what we call them.