spacer.png

40. European Robin, London, UK, 21

spacer.png

41. Mallard, London, UK 22

spacer.png

42. Carrion Crow, London, UK, 23.

spacer.png

43. Rose-ringed Parakeet, London, UK 24

I find it slightly bizarre that the Rose-ringed Parakeet has became as common as it has in London. They don't just survive they thrive. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Amazing how much variety can be seen in London. Excellent photography as well!

Some nice photos as you catch up. As Peter says, its good to see how much wildlife can be found in big cities when you take the trouble to look for it.

michael-ibk

Great job catching up, and beautiful photos of the locals. 

Dave Williams

Agreed.

• 2 months later...

Well it's been over two months since I've had something to post. There are two reasons for this.

The first, is that at short notice I accepted a two month work engagement in North Carolina which lead to my family and I temporarily moving there - so all the upcoming photos will be from that part of the world.

The second reason is really quite frustrating! You see my birding tends to be structured around my kids and I've found that the under carriage of the pram is a handy place to keep a big camera and lens whilst pushing kids around......or so I thought! On one occasion in mid-June I did this whilst taking my daughter to kids camp. Unbeknown to me her water bottle had tipped and was leaking all over the camera. Then when a Red-bellied Woodpecker shot passed and landed on a nearby tree I quickly pulled out the camera, aimed, flicked the on switch and......BOOM! A little cartoon mushroom cloud could have come out the top. The camera was blown and worse it triggered a re-format of the memory card :( - with two months worth of photos.

Thankfully, though it's all fixable....for a fee of nearly £1,000! :wacko: Some lessons are learnt the hard way.

44. Golden-crowned Kinglet, North Carolina, NA 1

spacer.png

Edited by lmSA84

So sorry to hear about your camera @lmSA84

“backup, backup, backup”

that is your new mantra

Dave Williams

Sorry to hear of your troubles.Yes, must admit I download everything virtually every single day I use the camera. I know what it's like to lose images though. I thought I'd lost 4TB's worth and despite the best efforts to recover them I was resolved to having lost many years work.The relief when I discovered I had an extra external hard drive to the number I thought I had, and that was the one the images were stored on, was such a relief. However, I now try and duplicate things on a regular basis.

Sorry to hear about your camera @lmSA84

Your kinglet is beautiful!

@Tdgraves - you're absolutely right I need multiple levers of back-up! Thankfully in this case the images were recoverably from the re-formatted memory card - but that's an expensive way to live

@Dave Williams - that story is my true nightmare! Losing my external hard drive would be brutal. Do you use any cloud storage?

@TonyQ - thanks!

45. Blackburnian Warbler, North Carolina, NA 2

spacer.png

Dave Williams

No, I don't use Cloud at all, just duplicate external drives.Cloud storage would be too expensive for that volume I would think.I have a certain amount on Flickr that I could download but then it's not the original RAW files.

46. Eastern Bluebird, North Carolina, NA 3

spacer.png

47. Eastern Phoebe, North Carolina, NA 4

spacer.png

48. Dark-eyed Junco, North Carolina, NA 5

spacer.png

49. American Goldfinch, North Carolina, NA 6

spacer.png