Big Year: discussion.

Game Warden

Game Warden

I've seen in some of the Big Year topics that discussion wanders a little and becomes a bit off topic, perhaps we should look to keep more on topic? Streamline things a little? Perhaps create some kind of Big Year photography tips thread to help other members?

I'd like to know your thoughts, feedback etc., as you are the ones taking part in the Big Year. I'm happy if you are happy. Whatever, keep those amazing birding photos coming...

Matt

michael-ibk

I think a little banter is part of why we enjoy our BY threads, and discussions never really meander all that much before new birds are posted. So in my opinion everything is fine as it is. 

Game Warden

@michael-ibk Thanks for the feedback, good stuff. What do you say about a separate Big Year photography tips topic?

Matt

5 hours ago, michael-ibk said:

So in my opinion everything is fine as it is. 

Me too. I am probably as guilty as any for the odd bit of waffle now and again but a straight scroll of bird portraits would be very tedious. (I think.)

Photography tips? Yes but not confined to Big Year. The odd EBC is part of the fun.

My view is if it's not broke, don't try and fix it. (Within obvious parameters and you are the Boss.)

Game Warden

As I say, if you are happy, so am I. The Big Year is all yours :)

Matt

Dave Williams

It's a social circle really not a competition, other than of course the fact I want to shoot the hare. Self moderating is all we need...wandering off topic is all part of it, we find our way back on the strait and narrow eventually.

Talking of which did you watch the match the other night. Porto blown away....Barcelona next.

Dave Williams
6 hours ago, Game Warden said:

Perhaps create some kind of Big Year photography tips thread to help other members?

You have to be joking... it's cut throat really.:rolleyes:

Edited by Dave Williams

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

Talking of which did you watch the match the other night. Porto blown away....Barcelona next.

And Spurs beating the City, then 2019 will indeed become a Big Year!

As for the off-topic chatter, I don't mind it. It is all part of the fun, and many times very educational for us, lesser birders.