Postcards from Kenya

twaffle

Twaffle,

yes I am in Hobart, and I'm glad to hear that you enjoy Tasmania. PM me if you have time for a coffee when you next visit, it would be good to meet up.

Self-catering bandaas one day, someday. This year its South Africa and Botswana in July and August - Shindzela (Timbavati), Umkumbe (Sabi Sands) and Mashatu followed by 3 weeks with Ewan Masson in Kgalagadi and later Moremi etc

Can hardly wait!

Regards,

Pol

Pol what a fantastic trip. My niece is studying at uni in Hobart and I plan to visit later this year so will definitely be in touch. Not easy to have GTGs in this great big land of ours.

richardafrica

Twaffle, let me add my thanks for an amazing trip report. I really am in awe of your pictures.

Thank you Richard, appreciate the comments.

I've been reading this quietly in bits and pieces since you began posting the report, Twaffle. Each time I sat myself down for a new installment, I'd tell myself that I only had a few minutes to spare, and each time I found myself spending considerably more than that. It's been a real pleasure sharing your journey from afar. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this.

Sangeeta, thank you, I'm glad it was appreciated but I'm also very glad it's finished! ;)

madaboutcheetah

Twaffle,

Check out the mara triangle's fb page ....... they just posted a pic of those 6 cheetah cubs. They appear well under a year old, though.......

Twaffle-

I have been less than attentive to ST lately, but just finished your excellent report. Great story-telling and beautiful photographs.

Thanks.

Hari you are possibly right but it seems such a long since I first saw pix. Maybe they are 8 months. Did the site say when the photo was taken?

Thanks pangolin.

Game Warden
I have been less than attentive to ST lately

Horror...

I have been less than attentive to ST lately

Horror...

Just trying to let Jan catch up.........

Just trying to let Jan catch up.........

I'm doing my best, Pangolin! I'm busy watching my nestbox that my son gave me for Christmas. It's right outside my

bedroom window, and the continuous filming is showing on the small T.V. that I have in my bedroom. The bluetits started

building the nest with moss on Monday morning, and tonight for the first time the female is sleeping in there. I can see her

breathing, and her feathers are all fluffed up. It's almost as exciting as being on safari!

Jan

madaboutcheetah
Hari you are possibly right but it seems such a long since I first saw pix. Maybe they are 8 months. Did the site say when the photo was taken?

Thanks pangolin.

Photo has a watermark that says, March 22nd

• 3 years later...
offshorebirder

The great thing about Safaritalk is that these reports are always "on the shelf" for new members to read. I like using them to read up on potential / planned destinations. And to use the photos to practice my bird IDs for upcoming trips.

Speaking of birds - great shots @@twaffle, in addition to all the other critters.

For anyone interested - a few of the bird photos without labels are:

- page 2: Whiskered Terns and others, Augur Buzzard, Little Bee-eater (meridionalis race), Variable Sunbird (falkensteini race)

- page 4: adult male Pangani Longclaw

• 2 weeks later...

The great thing about Safaritalk is that these reports are always "on the shelf" for new members to read. I like using them to read up on potential / planned destinations. And to use the photos to practice my bird IDs for upcoming trips.

So true.

@@twaffle Great stuff. Especially enjoyed the drama surrounding the Tommy fawn and its exchange between predators. I also quite like the photo of the room taken through (I think) the tent flap - what a great texture that creates!

Edited by Marks