Sign in to follow this  
Game Warden

Pictures of the spring hare.

Game Warden

Okay, so it's not a hare and it's not a rabbit, but it's pretty close to an Easter bunny lookalike. Let's see you spring hare photos...

twaffle

Nice idea, but I have nothing worth sharing sadly! ;)

Wild Dogger

Unfortunately a little late.

The hare was jumping in a hole.

gallery_5715_361_110385.jpg

Edited by Wild Dogger

umiami05

This spring hare was dashing back to its hole and I only had time to take one picture.

Tubu Tree Camp, Botswana. June 2011

gallery_6752_472_55842.jpg

Game Warden

Hurray! Great photo, thanks for uploading, and reviving this poor spring hare thread. Matt.

Game Warden

I saw a lot of Spring Hares whilst in Zim but no photos: have you got any pics to share?

Game Warden

How about refreshing this topic with some new spring hare photos? What have you got on your hard drives to upload and share with us?

Peter Connan

Eish. No springhares here.

Tom Kellie

post-49296-0-00115000-1459180482_thumb.jpg

Porini Lion Night Drive Spring Hare

Photographed on 5 February, 2016 at 9:44 pm in Olare Motorogi Conservancy, Masai Mara, Kenya, with an EOS 1D X camera and a Zeiss Apo-Sonnar T* 135mm f/2 ZE telephoto lens.

ISO 25,600, f/2, 1/1000 sec., 135mm focal length, manual focus, handheld Manual exposure.

*******************************************************************************************************

~ As I'd never been on a night game drive before, after dinner we went out on a star-lit evening. The amount of game spotted exceeded my expectations, including a genet and an aardwolf.

It never had occurred to me that I'd ever see a spring hare, so I was startled when two jumped past us. As I almost never see rare species, it was a pleasure to photograph this spring hare.

This topic is quite old. Unless updating a photographic thread with new images, please consider starting a new discussion. Thank you.