North Tanzania Feb-March 2012

dickysingh

Just finished an amazing trip to north Tanzania - centered around Ndutu.

i-gKKhrxb-M.jpg

i-Z4K9BQK-M.jpg

i-vGMmKfV-M.jpg

i-5d55zFw-M.jpg

i-8gjT7hd-M.jpg

i-8FPcbNR-M.jpg

Wow!

Great pics.

Give us more.

Very impressive!!!

Fantastic images -especially the Striped Hyenas!

Amazing! Love to see more.

Game Warden

Ah you see, I knew that Game Warden's nagging would work :) Great shots. Now what about the rest?

Fantastic pictures, Dicky. Good job. More please.

madaboutcheetah

Awesome!!! Thanks for this! Yes, more please ........

Super stuff, especially like the brown hyena with cub! More please!

Loves those lions around the mud puddle!

Bring on the rest of the photos and maybe a word or two about the trip??

Very nice! Looks very green and wet.

Love the lions and cheetahs but... Aardwolf + pup + great photo = just unfair

Love jsut this but hope you'll post or say more...... Do you visit often? Where did you stay around Ndutu? Group or solo trip? Who guided you? What the *&*# were a aardwolf and pup doing out giving you photo ops like that? ..... anything like that! :)

Edited by pault

africaaddict

Agree with above comments, but would be even better without the distracting double sigs.

Another vote for the striped hyenas, but they are all fantastic.

I just got back two days ago and have yet to edit and process. The few pictures that I have posted here were edited and processed on the fly in the three airports that I had to go through to get home. Will put up a very decent collection once my life gets a bit better organised. The highlight of my trip was Ndutu - heavenly for photographers.

Lovely pictures! Shows how rarely those striped things are seen when we have 2 votes for striped hyaena, 1 for aardwolf and 1 for brown hyaena! (Though, to be fair, size is tricky from photos...) They're striped hyaena (to me at least - but I'm a birder...) - no browns up here of course, and no aardwolf I've ever seen has the black chin - they're tiny dainty little things, with narrow noses, not heavy bone-crunching jaws.

Stunning photos, great to see those cheetah cubs are doing well. I’ve never actually seen an aardwolf but I agree with TZ’s comment they’re too big and powerful to be aardwolves, in fact they’re definitely striped hyaenas but then I happen to know that there is a striped hyaena with a cub at Ndutu at the moment. There certainly not easy animals to see but Ndutu seems to be a good place to look, at least it’s the only place I’ve ever seen one (a few years ago) though not as well this.

Fantastic, what a treat!

Very, very lovely pics, esp.the hyena, the leopard running up the tree and the lion in the puddle!

While you were away, I was doing a recce of your place and got pretty cool tiger sightings, so not entirely eaten up by jealously at the Ndutu pics :D

You have a wonderful place, Aditya. Definitely recommending it as a potential GTG site to GW. Perhaps you can combine that GTG with your roots search, Matt, and make a twofer out of it.

@ everyone else: set aside a date and let's make this happen. The next GTG after Limpopo Lipadi ...

Lovely images, especially the lions and hyenas. Looking forward to the rest of the set :-)

Amazing photos. Thanks for sharing. Would love to see more. Stripped Hyena is a special sighting :)