Nature Traveler

Nature Traveler

It had been nearly twenty years since I last set foot in Rwanda. Wow have things changed! This time, the Smith family spent a couple weeks tracking Mountain Gorillas at Parc des Vulcans and primate searching at Nyungwe National Park. We had an outstanding wildlife safari with at least 20 species of mammals and countless species of birds. Take a look at our trip report below.

Cheers,

Coke

www.cokesmithphototravel.com

Here is the Rwanda Trip Report Link:

http://www.cokesmithphototravel.com/Return_to_Rwanda.html

I have accounted for the remaining days of your Africa trip now. You caught some wonderful expressions on the gorillas' faces and somebody caught a spontaneous look of surprise on your face as well.

• 1 month later...

Interesting report and wonderful pictures. Yes, the "road" truly does look incredibly bumpy and ouch about all those nettles. Curious, I may have missed it in the report but where was Cokie while you did your gorilla trek? I take it Cokie was not old enough to do the trek with you - not sure Cokie's age but I believe the minimum is 15?

Nature Traveler

Hi SafariChick. Yes the age is 15, so he was not able to tag along on this one. He was 9 during this part of the trip. He stayed back at the vehicles with our driver and guide. He played games with them and ended up having a great time with all the guides and the local kids, arm wrestling and leg wrestling.... He makes his own party pretty well. He did catch an amazing time with Lowland Gorillas a couple weeks earlier though, so he wasn't too bummed that he didn't see these...He wants to come back and see them, but we told him that the next trip will have to be his treat for us! ;-)

Oh that's really cool, Nature Traveler that he got to hang out with them. He sounds like quite the good traveller already!

• 1 year later...

We are planning a trip to Rwanda next month. First we will self drive to Volcanoes NP and then we would like to drive along Lake Kivu, via Kibuye, to Nyungwe NP. Does anyone knows if it is possible to do this in 1 day?

• 2 weeks later...

@@Nature Traveler

Great to read about Rwanda

Excellent pictures of the gorillas and of the golden monkeys - very enjoyable

@@Nature Traveler

Happy this popped up once again as I enjoyed your website tremendously!

Some fabulous photos and experiences. :)

I enjoyed this for a 2nd time. Thank you.

• 3 months later...
Nature Traveler

Thanks again everyone! I just noticed the reorganization of the blog. I like it!

• 5 months later...
Tom Kellie

post-49296-0-12967300-1431840652_thumb.jpg post-49296-0-72718400-1431840663_thumb.jpg post-49296-0-62545700-1431840674_thumb.jpg

~ @@Nature Traveler

What a terrific trip report!

Your photos are vivid and sharp. Considering the varied shooting conditions, the consistent high quality is outstanding.

I've read about golden monkeys, but have never seen one. Your excellent photo is a pleasure to see.

Oh, my goodness! What a fine sunbird image!

Your family in the tea fields is such a pleasing image.

That your family shared the safari experience with you was a highlight of your trip report.

Thank you for sharing the link with Safaritalk.

Tom K.