Botswana March/April, wonderful!

PCNW

Peter Connan

Patsy, on post #12 there is a photo of 2 ellies in the sunrise or sunset. That is a truly beautiful photo.

Thank you Peter and welcome aboard! Lots of good stuff on this site.

• 1 month later...
SafariChick

@@PCNW I think I was in the midst of planning my next trip (Alaska) when you posted this and so I missed it til now - loved the report, brought back happy memories of VP and Chitabe for me. Like @@graceland I don't know much about photography but I think your images are gorgeous! I too found VP looking a tiny bit worn in spots - in my room some pillows were faded or stained, the netting around the bed was fraying at the edges, etc. but I thought it was still absolutely lovely, wonderful service and the food delicious! I also had Phinley for my guide and your description of him as a cool cucumber is perfect - but he found me some great wild dog sightings too!

Gorgeous birds!

I can only imagine the angst with your passport. At least you weren't worried about it well in advance and only had a few hours of tears and trauma. Whew!

Thanks, @@SafariChick and @@Atravelynn for bumping this up - lovely photos all - I especially liked the portraits and your daughter on the mokoro.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you SafariChick and Lynn, you're right Lynn, finding the passport issue a few days earlier would have been worse. Sangeeta I'm with you, the images of my daughter were some of my favorite too. And when I found out we were in the same mokoro I almost left the camera on the dock thinking we would be too close.

Patsy, am I correct in thinking you and Mr Pcnw are Headed to Tanzania next month? well we will be awaiting the net amazing shots! I have a photog friend in PB also going to TZ next month --quite an amazing photo/ landscape photog.. She would LOVE to see these for the thrill of what could be o her first safri

Would you still have my gmail to allow me to share these with her... Her excitement level would be off the scale!

If you do have my richmond email fancy . Williams AT gmail I,d love for her to see what is in store - she is very excited as you can imagine!

And as a also a FLA resident, it wd be fun for her to share with. She is QUITE good, but not professional or so...but could be if she

So wanted....

We too are returning but don't hold much expectations from me other than stories in the wild --and walking to the loo?!!!!

Hope to hear your plan!

Yes Graceland we are heading to Tanzania August 26th. We're doing Lamai and Sayari then to Zanzibar for four nights. I'll email you. I have an amateurish video/slide show your friend might enjoy.

Yes Graceland we are heading to Tanzania August 26th. We're doing Lamai and Sayari then to Zanzibar for four nights. I'll email you. I have an amateurish video/slide show your friend might enjoy

Thanks @@PCNW - I'll be right behind you in TZ! - Sept. 5

Would be awesome if we ran into one another although we are not going to the Serengeti, but rather the Ruaha in Southern TZ How long will you be gone? Perhaps we'lll see you flying by!

Please do email, would love to catch up and see the vid and pass it on to my friend in FLA who is also going in August. She'd love seeing your pics. I notice she ha been spending quite a bit of time taking bird snaps on the coast. - greating great results with her practice.

I guess I should be practicing on my lab --but she is a "poser" so it's not too difficult!

I am awaiting my passport renewal - just noticed I had less than 6 months and still a few trips ahead so got it out last wk- and hope to get it back SOON. 10 days they say. Caroline could get away with it; I'd be turned away at the door (I'm sure they were all just tlooking at her and NOT at her passport, :D ) Mom too....

Hope to hear from you and catch up. Erica can pull off magic can't she!

Time flys when you are having fun traveling. Esp. to Africa!