Let's see your wide angle shots...

Game Warden

post-49296-0-43728000-1436729067_thumb.jpg

Unobstructed

Photographed at 12:28 pm on 21 January, 2013 in Masai Mara National Reserve, Kenya, using an EOS 1D X camera and an EF 14mm f/2.8L II wide angle lens.

ISO 100, 1/2500 sec., f/2.8, 14mm focal length, handheld Manual Exposure.

*****************************************************************************************************

One of the qualities of Masai Mara which deeply impressed me from the first of five visits to the visit this past May are the wide open expanses of grassland.

This wide angle image provides a sense of the unobstructed openness — a feeling of limitlessness in an otherwise constrained and therefore hobbled world.

• 1 month later...

post-49296-0-47421500-1441153723_thumb.jpg

Lone Sentinel

~ Photographed on 26 July, 2015 at 4:03 pm in Masai Mara National Reserve, Kenya, with a Sony RX1 R camera.

ISO 100, f/11, 1/250 sec., 35 mm focal length, handheld Automatic exposure.

*****************************************************************************************************

It was the 2nd visit to Masai Mara in 2015, with productive sightings throughout an all-day game drive. We were on the return leg, mostly enjoying the clean sensation of air blowing past while standing in the safari van.

This solitary tree in the midst of grass stood out. One wondered how it originally sprouted so far from others of its species. Was it a seed which passed through a bird or mammal, or had its beginning been wind-borne?

• 11 months later...
Morkel Erasmus

I keep being obsessed with wider angle views of traditional wildlife.

Sometimes to my detriment as I probably miss out on other worthwhile images and compositions.

This herd was moving towards a mud-hole in the Mara Triangle earlier this month, and anticipating their obligatory wallow-and-drink stop I had our driver position us right at this spot.

Shot at 24mm

post-14617-0-20206500-1472511809_thumb.jpg

Edited by Morkel Erasmus

Lovely image @@Morkel Erasmus

It's always worth having a camera with a wide angle lens attached. In a game park in Namibia while we were parked an elephant came up and rubbed itself on our car. Unfortunately I only had a camera with a telephoto lens which could not focus that close.

• 2 weeks later...

Storm front - Serengeti style

Whilst wildebeest graze nonchalantly, a massive storm front is about to unleash itself on the open plains of Ndutu- Serengeti.

Nikon D700 Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 1/320s f/16 ISO800@ 24mm.

ND7_2663a-X2.jpg

Edited by africaaddict

I love that Marc!

Technically, not wide angle in APS-C format, but close enough. Camp Kipwe, Namibia.

28268969283_6da62d12b6_b.jpg

Okay--this think this one qualifies, even in APS-C, at 18mm. Etosha National Park, Namibia.

28503095003_cd5723c998_b.jpg