Cats and Dogs: the eternal story of life

bettel

Alexander33

@ bettel

Thank you for a very enjoyable report. We have 5 nights booked at Phinda Vlei this September, and are looking forward to it just that much more now.

• 2 months later...
Tom Kellie

post-49296-0-32107400-1431992727_thumb.jpg

~ @@bettel

That's one way to liven up any walking safari!

The basic act of holding a camera steady as a cobra glides nearby...you're a cool client!

Thank you for such an attention-getting photograph.

Tom K.

Thank you, Tom (@@Tom Kellie).

I like snakes (well not in my bed :) ) and was never afraid of them. Spiders are a different story lol.

P.S. I am counting days (even hours), in two weeks and two days I should be on my flight to Africa :)

• 1 month later...
martywilddog

Wow @@bettel, what a trip you had! I am green with envy. I can't imagine our trip ever living op to this! I hope so :)

We've made the decision to go to South Africa after a lot of back and forth...

We're in doubt between Lion Sands River Lodge (beautiful tree house and it's our honeymoon) or Kirkman's Camp (highly recommended by one of the TO, but I am a bit hesitant about the "hotel"-feel and not so much bush feel).

Your report makes me favor Kirkman's Camp now :-)

@@martywilddog Here are my 5 cents if it helps :):

1) I found that in general Kirkman guides are better and they tend to stay longer with sightings. For some reason a lot of Lion Sands guides come to sighting for 5-10 minutes.

2) I think Kirkman rooms might not be the best for the honeymoon. Sound insulation is not the best between two rooms.