Back to Namibia years later. Not much new ... just beauty !

africawild

Just pure beauty! Blessed is who can say "few" and then present 25 top photos! Really looking forward to enjoy your next trip report.

Stunning last post Paco!

madaboutcheetah

Paco - Wow ...... just caught up with some updates!!! What can I say????? Speechless .........

Great trip report with absolutely stunning photos!!! Thank you for sharing the beauty of Namibia as seen through your lenses @@africawild (Paco)!

Excellent trip report with stunning pictures!
Thanks for sharing!

I just saw your last post, as well. Any coffee table book would be lucky to have even one of those photos.

Paco, just catching up with your TR and your photos are simply divine and bring back lots of memories from my May 2014 visit.

Namibia really is an amazing place with such extraordinary landscapes.

I envy your aerial shots where the dunes meet the Atlantic as that view was one of the reasons for my trip however things didn't exactly go according to plan altho I did spend a fantastic day in Sandwich Harbour enjoying it from the ground. :)

Thank you Paco. Had the full report all to myself this am. You had an amazing trip.

I've been stalking SafariTalk for weeks in preparation for my first safari. I don't have much to add, having never gone before, I but I just had to say how amazing and inspiring your trip report is. Thanks for posting your gorgeous photos!

Fantabulous! There should be such a word for THIS!

Just caught up with your final delivery of the most beautiful and evocative photos. All I can say is that you should get back on safari soon so we have more to look forward to.

Thank you very much again to all for your kind comments!

Hopefully we can go back to Africa again next August but we have not prepared anything yet , i have to start a new topic to get some advice !!!

Cheers .

Paco

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Tom Kellie

post-49296-0-98377700-1431462571_thumb.jpg post-49296-0-29852900-1431462584_thumb.jpg post-49296-0-94199500-1431462605_thumb.jpg

~ @africawild:

Sublime photography.

Your craftsmanship, taste and sightings are superlative.

Tengo el mayor respeto y admiración por su habilidades fotográficas extraordinaria.

The image of the jackal and rhino drinking together is one-of-a-kind lovely.

Con gran aprecio,

Tom K.

• 6 months later...

The first day we had decided to take a view of the desert from a different perspective so we went to Sesriem and took a small cesna for a 1 hour fly over the dunes , an experience not to be missed !!!

If you ever take this trip you should book the 4 pm flight because of the lights and shadows produce a much more dramatic look of the desert , sadly we had to take the 2 pm flight because the 4 pm was fully booked , so the light was a bit harsh for photography.

Hi Paco,

More than an year later I am back to this great TR of yours, enjoying the stunning photography. Just a few quick questions, if you don't mind:

- did you reserve seat(s) on this scenic flight in advance or you just showed up there? Looks like the airstrip is within the property of the Sossusvlei Lodge.

Sossusvlei Lodge property

- how did you cope with reflections on the plane's window? Did you use a special device or just kept the lens close to the window?

Thanks in advance for your replies. Once again - amazing images throughout the report (all of the reports, actually)!

• 3 months later...
Jaycees2012

@@africawild

Thank-you Paco for sharing your TR. Your photos are simply beautiful. We particularly loved your landscapes and the flight over the dunes in Namibia looked incredible.

The first day we had decided to take a view of the desert from a different perspective so we went to Sesriem and took a small cesna for a 1 hour fly over the dunes , an experience not to be missed !!!

If you ever take this trip you should book the 4 pm flight because of the lights and shadows produce a much more dramatic look of the desert , sadly we had to take the 2 pm flight because the 4 pm was fully booked , so the light was a bit harsh for photography.

Hi Paco,

More than an year later I am back to this great TR of yours, enjoying the stunning photography. Just a few quick questions, if you don't mind:

- did you reserve seat(s) on this scenic flight in advance or you just showed up there? Looks like the airstrip is within the property of the Sossusvlei Lodge.

- how did you cope with reflections on the plane's window? Did you use a special device or just kept the lens close to the window?

Thanks in advance for your replies. Once again - amazing images throughout the report (all of the reports, actually)!

Sorry , haven´t seen your post until today !!

For the flight reservation we just went to the Sossusvlei activities´s office and reserve , but the late flight that we wanted to take was already full so would be better to reserve in advance ?

We did not use any device for the plane photos , just be careful with light direction and also fire many shots , some come with reflections anyway !!

Paco