The Perfect weekend in Bandhavgarh with wonderful friends; An incredible Tiger Tracking experience with the magic of Pugdundee safaris .....

madaboutcheetah

madaboutcheetah

Thanks @@graceland - You should definitely come!

HI @@madaboutcheetah, I've spent hours planning for India; but get overwhelmed. Totally.

One day I will pick your brain!..

Meanwhile I will enjoy your photos for sure. Such beauties they are.

Love these, just beautiful.

@@madaboutcheetah Your pictures make me more determined than ever to visit some of the Indian reserves before too long.

Gorgeous pictures, Hari, stripes & non stripes!

michael-ibk

Terrific photos, Hari. Was this with the film pass again?

madaboutcheetah

Thanks for all your kind comments. Much appreciated ........ Michael, Yes the film pass. Can hardly wait to read your trip report :)

For those going to Bandhavgarh this season - Zone 1 (Tala Zone) has had poor Tiger viewing for the past year due to a change in Tiger Dynamics (Can't remember details; new males taking over and the Tigresses dispersing?) ...... Zone 2 and 3 are banging' with Tiger sightings. Bandhavgarh also just opened up the buffer zone to tourists additionally which is great news (I have not been). I do believe poaching will come down even further as a result - just my hunch.

post-308-0-44026600-1427883168_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-49055000-1427883414_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-34519500-1427883519_thumb.jpg

michael-ibk

The third pic is outstanding. :)

I agree with that - stunning picture

What a beauty! More, please :)

Right on!

SafariChick

Right on!

Agree! And I also love the second photo is post #24!

I love bandhavgarh...it is just 6 hours journey from my hometown .

..god knows when will I travel there....but awsome experience @@madaboutcheetah...how do found indian safari in comparison to african ??

madaboutcheetah

Hi Gagan - Can't compare Indian safaris to Africa ....... Our Indian Govt makes it difficult and makes it non-tourist friendly - they are clueless!!!!

All that said, India is the only place to see the Tiger - so, there goes any room for comparison.

madaboutcheetah

A few more just edited .......

post-308-0-84605600-1428153424_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-74348000-1428153597_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-56120000-1428153772_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-05281000-1428153932_thumb.jpg

You know, Hari, that I love those portraits where the animal's look is focused on the lens. You can almost see you in the apple of its eyes. The depth of field is almost perfect. So, I will join the others to say that it is outstanding, stunning, beautiful, and so on. Well done, gorgeous!!!!!!!

Truely said @@madaboutcheetah....it seems you are indian too..the biggest problem is that they dont allow self driving except you are a forest official's relative ...also mostly they dont allow to take your own 4x4 inside the park..you just hire at the gate of the park or tour operator provides you...

I also came across some info that the buffer zone allow night safari these days ..did you try anytime??

I would love to see safari industries building MACHAN type cottages inside the park..

madaboutcheetah

I didn't try the buffer zone, Gagan - they just opened mid-March. From what I know, I think they are all-day with no mid-day closure timings. Night safari - I have no information of ...... that said, I'm not a fan of night drives. So, won't have any interest in them.

• 4 weeks later...

"For those going to Bandhavgarh this season - Zone 1 (Tala Zone) has had poor Tiger viewing for the past year due to a change in Tiger Dynamics (Can't remember details; new males taking over and the Tigresses dispersing?) ...... Zone 2 and 3 are banging' with Tiger sightings"

What had been a given for years, suddenly goes bust. You were sure in the RIGHT place and the RIGHT time, with the right photographic skills I might add!

post-49296-0-32982000-1430206546_thumb.jpg

What Great Eyes You Have!

~ @madaboutcheetah:

The moment I saw the tiger's face on my computer screen I felt that I had to thank you.

That's one of the finest big cat images I've ever seen.

Superlative quality photography!

Many Thanks!

Tom K.

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaahh .. Love this picture of yours:

post-308-0-44026600-1427883168.jpg

Makes me think of all those time Corbett/Anderson referred to seeing tigers in a nullah...

Cheers

"For those going to Bandhavgarh this season - Zone 1 (Tala Zone) has had poor Tiger viewing for the past year due to a change in Tiger Dynamics (Can't remember details; new males taking over and the Tigresses dispersing?) ...... Zone 2 and 3 are banging' with Tiger sightings"

What had been a given for years, suddenly goes bust. You were sure in the RIGHT place and the RIGHT time, with the right photographic skills I might add!

@@Atravelynn

Shows that nature can turn things topsy turvy. I had obtained 5 permits for tala zone 1 and could see any tiger after 3 game drives while there were regular sightings at Magadhi and kesouli. scrambled to get permits for magadhi and saw a tigress and two cubs. later i did spot a tigress at tala too.

hows that nature can turn things topsy turvy. I had obtained 5 permits for tala zone 1 and could NOT see any tiger after 3 game...

sorry for the typo

madaboutcheetah

I hear the sightings have gotten good again - saw some facebook updates from Tala this week.