Botswana Nov-Dec 2014: Dogs and more dogs!

janzin

michael-ibk

This was a fantastic report, thank you very much! You really are an extraordinary photographer. I, too, had the impression in Botswana that staff were having much fun at the dance, maybe even more than the guests.

Looking forward to your next one, Pantanal soon for you, right?

Wow, wow and triple wow! Joining in with everyone and their comments on the amazing quality of your photographs. My absolute favorites are that martial eagle on the ground, your classic lions in that beautiful. soft golden light and that really cute zebra-dog interaction - where the doggie is just beginning to adopt his 'slinking off' pose. And the birds - all the birds. They're simply magnificent. What a great report and your thoughts on the camp are so informative too. Yup, nothing predictable about any safari, but turns out that eventually you got everything you wanted and so much more! Thanks for taking the time to do this!

I am so surprised that you saw a lot of wildlife walking in Xigera Camp because it has a great reputation for bird watching and water activities but not wildlife viewing. I cant wait to visit Little Kwara Camp for three days and Lagoon Camp for four days in September. I'll be visiting Little Kwara Camp for the second time and Lagoon Camp for the third time.

This report has been outstanding in any way, shape or form. I just loved your photos.

Hi Janet great TR. your last photograph prompts me to ask how you achieved the frame around it? Pen

@penlova it is really quite easy. The program I use (Picture Window Pro) allows you to make a macro, or action, of the steps, so I do this all in one fell swoop; but I think you could probably repeat the steps and create an action in most editing programs. Here are the steps:

1. A 2 pixel black border around the image
  2. A 2 pixel grey border around that image
  3. A 26 pixel black border around that last image
  4. Finally, overlay of the text (copyright and if desired, caption) over that final border

Of course you could vary the widths to your own taste and the colors as well.

Hi it only seems to be available for windows? and I have a Mac, drat!!! Thanks anyway Pen

This was a fantastic report, thank you very much! You really are an extraordinary photographer. I, too, had the impression in Botswana that staff were having much fun at the dance, maybe even more than the guests.

Looking forward to your next one, Pantanal soon for you, right?

Yep we leave for Brazil in just about a month--first the Pantanal for Jaguar (and birds of course, and Giant Anteater, etc etc.) and then several days in the Amazon (Cristalino Lodge) for more birds. Can't wait!

Thanks everyone for your kind comments on the report and the photos. Again, if anyone wants to see the FULL group of photos from the trip, you can check out my web page--the photos here are just a smattering :)

Botswana 2014

Peter Connan

Absolutely magnificent trip report. One day I will learn to take photos like yours!

Thank you.

The morning "newspaper" which recorded the prior evenings animal tracks. Not sure if you can read it here, but they misspelled genet "Janet" so I looked for my tracks every morning. Very funny.

Those letters were tiny, little.

Here you go @@Atravelynn now you can really read it :)

DSC_0692.jpg

No bifocals needed!

fictionauthor

Really loved every bit of this report. Stunning images.

@@janzin

Some outstanding bird photos, among others. I particularly liked the bee-eaters in flight (I appreciate the considerable skill involved in tracking them) and the Meyer's parrot.

Also, you got very lucky with a sitatunga!

Lovely, beautiful and interesting trip report. Thank you!

@@janzin

What to say as everything has been said already! Thank You for taking me on a trip to Botswana, with your better then life itself photography!

Your post-processing skills are remarkable. And on a side note, I have really enjoyed your photos from Costa Rica and Panama, the only places I have also been to.

Looking forward with anticipation to your Pantanal TR !!