Trip Report: Pantanal September 2015

cheetah80

Towlersonsafari

Lovely report @@cheetah80 Can I ask did you see any spiders on the boat or other large creatures pretending they were spiders? Did the cats seem spooked by the boats- they look very relaxed in your splendid videos

Thank you @@Towlersonsafari! I cannot recall seeing any spiders on the boat. During 11 nights in the Pantanal I saw only 1 spider in one of our rooms, medium sized.

The cats that we saw were not bothered by the boats at all which I found quite incredible considering all the noise and commotion 20 or so boats can cause! They are actually masters at ignoring the boats completely. But some of the jaguars don't like the boats at all and disappear immediately - unfortunately some boat driver behaviour is really harassing the cats. So what I am trying to say is that if the cat is already there at a sighting it will not be scared off by the boats, the shy ones will be gone long before you spot them.

Hope this info helped!

Towlersonsafari

Thank you @@cheetah80 ! Jane is very scared of spiders so your reassurance must mean we should go!! Then if we see one I can quote from you! To see a jaguar must be epic thanks again for your report

• 2 weeks later...

These are TREEEEEEEEEmendous.

You may be the idiot who can't keep a secret but you sure can take a picture! And the videos are tremendous quality too.

Scary about the wasps. Almost as bad as being thrown onto a jaguar!

I hope the code of conduct that you mention can be enacted for the sake of all involved.

Edited by Atravelynn