SAFARI BRAZIL A video report.

Brian's Art for Animals

Yes the other boats (4-5 of them) all seemed to have a little cover they put up. Like a 6 foot canopy type thing).. I just used my shirt and hands. It was indeed very hot. I lived in Tampa for 8 years, so I have some experience with the sun draining you. Its not a good feeling, that's for sure. As far as another trip, this spring I am going to Malaysia to learn about the Malayan Tiger (probably wont see one, but will do a few jungle hikes.)

Are you going for work or is this you and the video cam?

Brian's Art for Animals

The Malaysia trip is half work and half personal time. It will probably be the last trip with my current video camera as it is dying a slow painful death.

The Malaysia trip is half work and half personal time. It will probably be the last trip with my current video camera as it is dying a slow painful death.

Hopefully the work part will help pay for the personal part. Then you'll have more funds for the new camera. Always exciting to get new more powerful equipment!

Great work Brian, very good commentary too.

Brian's Art for Animals

We awoke and before heading back up on the Transpantaneira road we decided to spend another 3-4 hot hours on the river.... I thought it miht be like India in which I saw tigers and was very appreciative, but was left with still wanting to see a large male. Not sure why, as female and cubs are amazing. After a nice bird of prey scene, I started packing up my gear and using my shirt to block as much sun from hitting my already burnt face as possible. I actually started to drift off a little and wonder what the next part of the trip would being me, when I heard our guide say the perfect words: "Jaguar..Jaguar!"

https://youtu.be/7OEJgADvxsw

• 4 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

A short video that takes us from the river to the Rio Claro lodge.. which many feel isn't as fun as the river portion of these Jaguar 5-6 day trips. BTW...my channel now has allowed me to bring my total donations since I started this back in 2008, to now over $14,000 to help wildlife. So thanks for watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gquye9dEr9M

Brian's Art for Animals

Thank you. many reviews for these 5-6 day "Jaguar trips" that go from the river (staying on the house boat) to inland (staying at a lodge) obviously point out that they saw more and enjoyed the river portion a lot better. But you have to take it as it is and hope for the best.

• 2 weeks later...

We awoke and before heading back up on the Transpantaneira road we decided to spend another 3-4 hot hours on the river.... I thought it miht be like India in which I saw tigers and was very appreciative, but was left with still wanting to see a large male. Not sure why, as female and cubs are amazing. After a nice bird of prey scene, I started packing up my gear and using my shirt to block as much sun from hitting my already burnt face as possible. I actually started to drift off a little and wonder what the next part of the trip would being me, when I heard our guide say the perfect words: "Jaguar..Jaguar!"

https://youtu.be/7OEJgADvxsw

I heard that India comment!

Great sightings of big males. I found comical the juxtaposition of the regal male jaguars on the scenic riverbank and the black t-shirt partially wrapped over your head, eyes peeking out of the shade. Whatever it takes! Right?

• 2 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

After a long night of drinking and hanging out, it was time to hit the river one last time and then fly home. I loved Brazil and hope to go back one day. I wish the best for the Jaguar as they are an amazing cat and I hope there will always be enough habitat for them in Brazil.

Edited by Brian's Art for Animals