Jaycees2012

I love your Woodland Kingfisher photo ,thankyou @@Jaycees2012 - my Favourite African bird by a beak :D

Once again this TR is sensational.

michael-ibk

Thanks very much for sharing, this was a fantastic report. Your photography is stunning, and I enjoyed your storytelling. Sorry you didn´t get to see the Dogs - but I´m sure next time they will give you a good show, I´m sure of it. :)

Any particular destination you have in mind for them?

Again, particularly loved the Bat-Eared-Foxes. That lion photo with the Zebra skull is a very cool photo in a macabre way. Interesting about the Kudu lying down, not sure but I think I have never seen them doing that with people around.

@@Jaycees2012

Thank you for a wonderful report. Your writing is very engaging and the photos have been superb.

Ruaha looks very appealing.

Of the recent ones, I particularly like the massed ranks storks, lions with zebra, Bat Eared Foxes and the very imaginative lizard through tent.

I look forward to reading about your next trip :)

@@Jaycees2012

Really enjoyed reading this TR. Your pictures are simply amazing.

Looking forward to a TR about Finland and I hope you find plenty of bears.

@@Jaycees2012

I have to repeat after others: great storytelling and excellent photography! I am looking forward to read about your Finland trip! And 3 months in SA&Namibia ... :wub: !!

Jaycees2012

Thanks very much for sharing, this was a fantastic report. Your photography is stunning, and I enjoyed your storytelling. Sorry you didn´t get to see the Dogs - but I´m sure next time they will give you a good show, I´m sure of it. :)

Any particular destination you have in mind for them?

Again, particularly loved the Bat-Eared-Foxes. That lion photo with the Zebra skull is a very cool photo in a macabre way. Interesting about the Kudu lying down, not sure but I think I have never seen them doing that with people around.

@@michael-ibk

Glad you enjoyed - it was a really good trip.

Not sure where we will go in order to see the dogs, possibly Zambia, or maybe even back to this area in a few years time (a little later in the year as we know they were seen in both Selous and Ruaha very shortly after we left). We will have to see what the budget allows.

The lions with the zebra were very interesting. We have never seen them strip the meat from the skull before eating the flesh from elsewhere. It definitely made for a slightly macabre scene as well as a macabre picture. The kudu was just totally relaxed, she sat chewing, watching us - watching her, totally content in her shady spot. The other kudu were equally relaxed but were wandering around finding new stuff to eat.

Jaycees2012

@@Jaycees2012

Thank you for a wonderful report. Your writing is very engaging and the photos have been superb.

Ruaha looks very appealing.

Of the recent ones, I particularly like the massed ranks storks, lions with zebra, Bat Eared Foxes and the very imaginative lizard through tent.

I look forward to reading about your next trip :)

@@TonyQ

But not as much as we're looking forward to doing our next trip! ;)

Jaycees2012

@@xelas

"and 3 months in SA&Namibia ..."

well you've got to dream - but first have to raise the finances and retire. However, all of the reports on here are helping to flesh out the itinerary - even if the departure date is somewhat 'up in the air' at the moment!! :):)

Game Warden

Fantastic images from Tanzania :)

Thanks for taking us along on your trip with you. The last batch of pictures were so good that it's hard to pick favorites. If pressed, I'd have to select the owl and elephant duo.

Not sure how I missed this report up to now, but I just read the whole way through. Great storytelling and photos @@Jaycees2012, Ruaha and Selous look amazing and are probably going to be my next destinations in Africa, so I'll keep this report in mind. Thanks for sharing.

• 3 weeks later...

Your framing and labeling really accentuate your fine photography. I liked those really skinny scenery shots that slipped in now and then. Nice take on the bat eared foxes. Those honey bees are a really unique shot. Even your plane photos are artistic. The expression in the eyes of many of your lion shots reveals such emotion.

I noted 8 nts Selous. That would seem like a lot to me, given 7 nts Ruaha. But I saw you stayed in 2 very different places. It was more of a 3 destination trip, then, even though 2 destinations were in the same park. Is that right?

If your plans have worked out, you should soon be photographing Finnish bears.

Edited by Atravelynn

• 1 month later...
Jaycees2012

@@Atravelynn

Your framing and labeling really accentuate your fine photography. I liked those really skinny scenery shots that slipped in now and then. Nice take on the bat eared foxes. Those honey bees are a really unique shot. Even your plane photos are artistic. The expression in the eyes of many of your lion shots reveals such emotion.

I noted 8 nts Selous. That would seem like a lot to me, given 7 nts Ruaha. But I saw you stayed in 2 very different places. It was more of a 3 destination trip, then, even though 2 destinations were in the same park. Is that right?

If your plans have worked out, you should soon be photographing Finnish bears.

Sorry for not responding earlier - got a bit sidetracked.

I'm glad you like the framing of the photos - it took J a while to figure out but now we both really like the effect and plan to use it more. The skinny scenery shots were a trial of a new method of wide angle where you take multiple shots with the same exposure, focus and depth of field and then use software to stitch them together. I think it has made some really lovely shots and allows you to take some truly wide angles. We are heading to Namibia later this year, and will see how well this will work on some of the scenery there.

8 nights in Selous - "a lot" mmmmm - just not enough - we really loved Selous. I don't know if we were lucky but every time we were out there was something new, something beautiful. I could have happily stayed at either of the camps for another 8 nights. However saying that the difference between the camps and in particular the access to the river at Selous Impala meant there was no regret at the time spent there. The elephants crossing the river on two separate nights was simply spectacular, and the kingfishers (well what can you say)!!

Our plans for Finland did work out - hurray :D - and we have done a short report called "Bears at last - Finland 2016" ( http://safaritalk.net/topic/16412-bears-at-last-finland-2016/ ) . Now just plotting and planning for where to go next!

• 3 months later...

Have been researching Selous for a possible future trip and found your report. So many wonderful sightings and top-notch photography- well done!!

I quite agree, fantastic travels with great photos perfectly depicting the wide variety of both animals and the behaviour they exhibited. Not to mention a good few gorgeous scenery shots...
Don't know how I missed this TR first time round...but I did have exams in jan so maybe that's my excuse! ;)

• 1 month later...

Stunning photography throughout the entire report and absolutely fantastic sightings an scenery! I also appreciate very much the aerial shots! Ruaha is my favorite park in Africa (out of the ones I have seen so far) and Selous is on the list. Thanks for sharing your amazing safari trip with us!

Cheers!

Edited by FlyTraveler