Kenya after the Rains (mostly): Meru, Ol Pejeta, Olare Motorogi

TonyQ

@@TonyQ

FINALLY have time to read your report. Only on page 3 and I've bombarded you with likes!

Rainbow, tree, lion is a very good start. Lovely eles thoughout these pages (breakfast with them sounds ok to me). Lovely birds - martial eagle with the monitor lizard a standout! Glad I'm not the only one with dodgy bird identification skills :)

Lovely butterfly, flower and insect shots in #46.

And lions! And generuks! And.....all the rest. Ok onwards...be prepared for more notifications!

Edited by CaroleE

@@TonyQ and @@Thursday's Child

Thank you for sharing Meru. Wow what a place! Not only did you have excellent wildlife and birdlife sightings but the park is a sighting in itself. The rivers running through it look so calm and peaceful. I love how green it looks. And all those flowers.

All the photography here is great but the shots in #101 are superb. The flock of weaver birds took my breath away!

This report has confirmed my decision that Meru for my upcoming trip was a very very good choice. Offbeat looks a good choice too. Your report has wetted my appetitie...can't wait now. Two weeks today, I will have just completed my first full day in Meru......expectations are very high :)

• 4 weeks later...
AfricanQueen

@TonyQ Thank you for a wonderful TR and amazing pics! What an abundance of wildlife - including widowbirds which I really really would like to see some time! As it's only 8 weeks before going to Africa again (Zimbabwe) I'm soaking everything up like a sponge because my anticipation is so big! So I ended up reading TRs of Kenya and what I read and see is so wonderful that I consider going to Kenya next time and follow the traces of some safaritalkers instead of planning a trip to Uganda.... Have to think about it.

Once again: thanks a lot for sharing your trip memories with us!

@@Lois Hild Photography

Thank you - have a great time in OMC in a few days time! I look forward to hearing about your trip!

@@CaroleE

Thank you for your kind comments. I see you are just back - Ihope you had a great trip

@@AfricanQueen

Thank you. Have a wonderful time in Zimbabwe.

Kenya is a great place to visit - but then so is Uganda!

One of the best rainy season safari pics i have seen...keep it up..