Images from the American Southwest December 2015/January 2016

Patty

Nice report. Fantastic scenery and some good wildlife thrown in. Looks a tad chilly....

madaboutcheetah

@@Patty - awesome report. Thank You!!!

I love that part of the US - although, I've not seen any of the wildlife there ........... Thanks for writing this up!

@@Patty thanks for an intriguing TR of the wildlife seen on your roadtrip.

The baby peccaries and the bobcat are very cute and scenery is magnificent. This is certainly the week for US wildlife with your TR and the manatees of Florida from @@jeffb

@@Patty

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. As an American, I often find myself ashamed that I've neglected spectacular areas in my own country. Can you believe I'm from Texas and have never traveled through Arizona?? Your report serves as a reminder for me to get out there! Well done.

@@Patty

Thank you - once people see your wonderful landscapes and wildlife photos, the interest is created!

It really is beautiful, and you make it very appealing. (and another vote for the baby Peccaries :) )

Thursday's Child

Excellent report from a part of the world about which I confess I know very little. Loved the photos -the Peccary babies, Cardinal, cactus with the sun behind it - and the stunning landscapes. Thanks for posting this.

@@Patty

It was a pleasure following you through the part of the world I have never been even close to. Thank You for the privilege!

Thanks again everyone for your very nice comments!

@@offshorebirder we were very pleased with the variety of wildlife we saw and traveling in winter meant it was wonderfully peaceful almost everywhere we went.

@@madaboutcheetah neither had we until this trip! Our previous two short trips to AZ consisted of visiting friends in Phoenix and a 3 day if it's Tuesday, it must be the Grand Canyon type of whirlwind. I hadn't realized there was so much watchable wildlife in the southeast.

@@Alexander33 I feel the same way. This is the first time we've ever visited NM. We had talked about doing a southwest road trip for years. So glad we finally did it. We're now thinking of Yellowstone/Tetons plus a bit of ID and UT in the spring or fall.

@@Patty, great report! It was nice to meet you and Mark. We had fun on our hike even if the wildlife really didn't come out for us. Once the waters in the wash subsided a bit we went hiking up the mountain to look for the Bighorn Sheep and found them on our first try. We were quite lucky. So, now you have a reason to come back :).

Your pictures are fantastic by the way. The baby Javelinas are adorable. We love Cave Creek Canyon has well and your report is a reminder that we need to get back there.

Thanks for sharing your exciting road trip with all of us.

Take care

Alan

@@Atdahl it was great meeting you and Karen. I'm so glad you were able to find the bighorn sheep on your first outing! Thanks for your comments about my pics. I went back through all of the Yellowstone entries on your blog and you've inspired us to plan a return trip. When will you guys be there? We're leaning toward the second week in May.