Serengeti, ten out of ten !

africawild

Thanks Paco for the wonderful black and whites to finish another superb report. Sigh … oh to be heading back.

Stunning @@africawild, simply stunning - I'm so glad you abandoned your "rule of ten", if you hadn't I don't know how you could have just selected 10 from this last set of images!

@Paco congratulations on your 25th anniversary.Your photos are equally good as any professionals and I'm not exaggerating. I'm amazed that I've only been to the Serengeti once and I can't wait to return.

Africa, when presented by such talented photographers like @@africawild is gorgeous both in colour as in b&w !

Congrats Paco. Excellent report, and reasons to keep us returning !

Cheers!

AP

A beautiful final set of pictures!!

Great presentation of the b&w set; "Harmonic Chaos" is especially well-titled.

• 2 weeks later...
michael-ibk

I love those B&Ws, one of my favourite ST posts for sure!

A superb collection of B&W pictures to finish with - I agree that Harmonic Chaos is particularly striking in B&W - but it is also interesting how dramatic the skies look in the landscapes in B&W.

Atravelynn

Thank you AP,

This is what i understood;

There are 10 "usual" crossing points , name from 1 to 10 .

This is getting to be an overload of 10s!

Beautiful B&Ws to close the report. And thanks for the beer.

• 4 months later...

Paco

Excellent report. We are going to be staying 3 nights at Namiri Plains in September 2017. From what I have read here and elsewhere we have decided to hire Asilia private guide/vehicle instead of shared vehicle for 2 of our days. This will be our third trip to Africa and the second to Tanzania. Can you recomend your top 2 guides to ask for and what they are like.

I appreciate anyone's thoughts.

Thanks

@africawild I am very late to this party and only just finished the first camp (Namirii) but I just had to jump in to say that you are killing me :) OMG- I thought I couldn't freak out enough over the baby lions, but then the baby BAT EARED FOX!!!! I am just...just...wow....actually got a little teary....what a mind blowing experience!!!!! Ok- off to read more!!!! :)

ack ack...can't even speak...just no words....blurting out....THANK YOU!!!! :)

Paco

Excellent report. We are going to be staying 3 nights at Namiri Plains in September 2017. From what I have read here and elsewhere we have decided to hire Asilia private guide/vehicle instead of shared vehicle for 2 of our days. This will be our third trip to Africa and the second to Tanzania. Can you recomend your top 2 guides to ask for and what they are like.

I appreciate anyone's thoughts.

Thanks

Thank you Rjwafrica , i am sure you will have a great time in Namiri at this time of year !!

I think that if you want a guide that will go the extra mile to try to get a nice sight , then Patena is the one. He may not be the funniest guide but his skills are amazing and his knowledge of the area is fantastic!!

If you visit northern Serengeti with Asilia then Kivuyo is also a nice guide, he has great eye for leopards and crossings!!

Paco

Thank you for sharing your pictures and your experience. I'll be going on my first safari in February and your report has helped to make me even more excited for it than I already was.

Thanks Paco @@africawild for an amazing trip report, how I've missed it for the last six months I don't understand but have thoroughly enjoyed catching up. The photography is outstanding both technically and in the subject matter, the last post of B&W images are wonderful and the processing top draw. Thank you once again.