Dave Williams Big Year 2017

Dave Williams

Peter Connan

219) Little Bittern Arrocampo Reservoir,Spain.

The variety of birds was good but photographing them was very limited.

34226661490_f19422ccba_b.jpgLittle Bittern Ixobrychus minutus by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Photographing them was very limited, he says, while posting a magnificent photo of a rarely-seen bird, and in flight no less!

Dave Williams

@@Dave Williams 229 is a duplicate.....

I'm impressed, I didn't check far enough back in time. Keep looking for me, no doubt it will probably happen again :wacko:

Dave Williams

219 was also duplicated, not the bird but the number. Nobody spotted that but it means I'm still on 230. It's becoming a bit tedious checking up what is already on now as I don't keep lists.

219 was also duplicated, not the bird but the number. Nobody spotted that but it means I'm still on 230. It's becoming a bit tedious checking up what is already on now as I don't keep lists.

I tend to do a word search (top right of page), but only if I think I may have already posted, so not exactly foolproof...

@@Dave Williams

Surely that would mean you're on 231 now? ;)

I keep a list on a Google spreadsheet of what I've posted in the thread. I would definitely have trouble remembering what I posted after the first 100 (well, perhaps even after the first 10...)

Edited by PeterHG

Dave Williams

Thanks for the suggestions but I must admit I signed up for this thread purely to satisfy my curiosity of how many birds I might see and photograph in a year and not from a competitive point of view. I don't want to make it a chore and hence I post the way I do. I don't keep lists as I know some do and I don't want to start doing one either. If I get to the stage that it becomes an effort I'll call it a day. We'll see how I get on.

In the meantime 230-1=229. 229+1 that was not counted as in 219 appearing twice means I'm now on 230.

Thanks for the suggestions but I must admit I signed up for this thread purely to satisfy my curiosity of how many birds I might see and photograph in a year and not from a competitive point of view. I don't want to make it a chore and hence I post the way I do. I don't keep lists as I know some do and I don't want to start doing one either. If I get to the stage that it becomes an effort I'll call it a day. We'll see how I get on.

In the meantime 230-1=229. 229+1 that was not counted as in 219 appearing twice means I'm now on 230.

You're absolutely right and I don't regard it as a competition either! Of course you're right about the number, too. I forgot about the other double.....

@@Dave Williams, really enjoying your Spanish collection and seeing some that we spotted last year on our Spanish trip. Im sure you're well aware of birding locations all over, but, we had great sightings of a number of Egyptian Vulture in the Spanish Pyrenees driving to Revilla, along with Bearded Vulture. Its just a hop away for you and a another chance. The photo of the Griffon is just amazing.