Wishing and Waiting for Rain. Ndutu & Kusini, Feb 7-18

Atravelynn

@Atravelynn I am doing research for friends who are going on their first safari in February, 2019.  Would you recommend Kimondo Camp for a first safari?

23 hours ago, Raelond said:

@Atravelynn I am doing research for friends who are going on their first safari in February, 2019.  Would you recommend Kimondo Camp for a first safari?

I ran into several first time visitors to Asilia's Kimdondo.  I would recommend it if:

- it fits easliy into their budget.

- especially if they are a group of 6 who would likely have their own vehicle, also likely to have own vehicle with 4.  Even with 2 sharing, would still recommend.

- if they also have time in Ndutu because Kimondo (located in Kusini) can be more hit and miss with migration (and it was a miss when I was there but still great stuff) than Ndutu.  I would not let Kimondo substitute for Ndutu, unless there are quite a few nights in Kimondo to allow arrangements/permits to be secured in advance to travel to Ndutu, right next door, maybe just 30 minutes away to the border of it.

- if they either allow enough time at Kimondo to go to Central Serengeti, which is a very full daylong trip or if they also have 2+ nights in Central Serengeti or at least closer to Central like maybe Asilia's Dunia,  But it does not have to be an Asilia camp, there are many camps further north, nearer to Central.  For a first time visitor, the Seronera River area is good to see unless they are adamant about avoiding crowds at all costs.  One other thing I really like is about 45 minutes game drive north from the Central Serengeti--the Retina Hippo Pool.  Lots of hippos and lots of smell.  But worth it for 30 minutes to many hours, depending on your interest and olfactory lobes.

Kimondo Camp itself and its picturesque location--with the potential to be spectacular if the wildes are around--means there is nothing not to love about Kimondo!

@Atravelynn thank you for the information. There will be six of them and I suggested they stay at Olakira Ndutu.  

13 hours ago, Raelond said:

@Atravelynn thank you for the information. There will be six of them and I suggested they stay at Olakira Ndutu.  

Great!