Peter's third attempt

PeterHG

193 / Nam 175. Anteating Chat. Feb. Waterberg

i-9qfrPM3-XL.jpg

194 / Nam 176. Bradfield's Hornbill. Feb. Waterberg. Both Monteiro's and Bradfield's seen on the trip. Lifers, the two of them.

i-rmJ7HNb-XL.jpg

195 / Nam 177. Great Spotted Cuckoo. Feb. Waterberg. EBC pictures and Cuckoos definitely belong together for me...;)

i-PsXN5L4-XL.jpg

196 / Nam 178. European Roller. Feb. Waterberg. It was already past us when I noticed this might be  a different roller.

i-wMWnnFQ-L.jpg

197 / Nam 179. Yellow-billed Stork. Feb. Waterberg

i-5snKbCM-XL.jpg

198 / Nam 180. Little Grebe. Feb. Waterberg

i-dk9572c-XL.jpg

199 / Nam 181 Southern Pochard. Feb. waterberg

i-24rQX6p-L.jpg

200 / Nam 182. African Spoonbill. Feb. Waterberg. Well, a few more to go form Namibia, but this is a good number for a break...

i-tsGkM7G-XL.jpg

i-HCPR44c-XL.jpg

Peter Connan

200! Well done, and great shots to get there with! Congratulations.

Welll done on reaching 200. A wonderful selection from your recent trip. The Violet-backed Staarling is stunning!

Congratulations on the double century and well deserved with some outstanding photographs.

Dave Williams

Blasted through that century with some superb additions!

@PeterHG, congrats on 200, all beautiful from the flashy Violet-backed Starling to the textbook LBJ (in my  opinion anyway), Ant-eating Chat.

Thanks, @Peter Connan, @Tdgraves, @TonyQ, @Galana,(also for all your help on ID mistakes, I do appreciate that!), @Dave Williams. Coming back with so many photos from a trip and then keeping the BY thread up-to-date feels like a job sometimes, but the good part is that I had not realized just how many species I'd actually managed to take a shot of. One of the things that makes this thread good fun.

201 / Nam 183. Red-billed Hornbill. Feb. Waterberg. 

i-BXJx5TZ-XL.jpg

Edited by PeterHG

202 / Nam 184. Lesser Striped Swallow. I only saw them once or twice on the trip.

i-LTXWb9d-L.jpg

203 / Nam 185. Southern Pied Babbler. Feb. Waterberg. Distant, so not a good picture, but it completed the babbler collection. We managed to see all five of them. 

i-LtmkdL5-M.jpg

204 / Nam 186. Helmeted Guinefowl. Feb. Waterberg. Our las day in Namiba. I suddenly wondered whether I had ever taken the trouble of taking a shot of this ubiquitous bird. I hadn't....

i-mJXBHTb-XL.jpg

205 / Nam 187. Dusky Sunbird. Feb. Madisa Camp. One I'd saved just in case I found a better shot later on. I didn't, so here it is.

i-sPPb2kv-XL.jpg

206 / Nam 188. Steppe Buzzard. Feb. Kunene. Another one I had not yet posted.

i-5pwJ8tM-XL.jpg

This concludes the Namibia collection, unless I come across  one or two I had forgotten about. A great trip in a wonderful country: incredible scenery, fantastic wildlife and birding and very friendly people !

Great work on reaching 200, @PeterHG, some really beautiful birds in there.

Back in Holland in late February, some Parrot Crossbills had been spotted not too far away. I'd never seen them before, so I decided to give them a try.

207. Parrot Crossbill. Feb. Zeist, Netherlands

The female:

i-84NfBF5-XL.jpg

And the male:

i-HqRQJjg-XL.jpg

The reserve also produced a few other nice birds:

208. Woodlark. Feb. Zeist, Netherlands. Already singing this early in the year.

i-m2SWRGm-XL.jpg

The hammering sounds of some woodpeckers could be heard nearby and one of them turned out to be a

209. Black Woodpecker. Feb. Zeist, Netherlands. I've seen it before every now and then in woods not far from where I live, but I never even got close to taking a photo.

i-Q5tMmTZ-XL.jpg