Peter's third attempt

PeterHG

Awesome griffon shots!

Mark yourself up one more. Your little Owl was 277 but so was your Booted Eagle. Your current score is therefore 285 and you will never get to 300 if you waste them like this!!:o

Fantastic vulture pictures @PeterHG, very nice Dartford Warbler as well.

Thanks all for the kind words.

3 hours ago, Galana said:

Your current score is therefore 285 and you will never get to 300 if you waste them like this!

Your identification skills are not limited to birds, I see! Thanks, well spotted. I had not added the Little Owl to the spreadsheet. I'll correct the number with the next image. I do wish to be included in the exclusive 300 club !:)

286. (to make up for earlier double number) Lammergeier. June Spanish Pyrenees. The day after our outing with the guide we went back to one of the spots we'd visited with him and to our delight now we did spot the vulture he had been so desperate to show us. Very distant, but unmistakeable. 

i-2RS4Vr4-L.jpg

287. Eurasian Hoopoe. June, Spanish Pyrenees. Quite common, but we usually only saw it when flew off. 

i-T7Bg4Pk-X2.jpg

289. Woodchat Shrike. June. Spanish Pyrenees

i-5w4Cw28-XL.jpg

Then it was off to France. We had a last-minute booking for a 'gite' in the Cevennes area, which turned out to be very nice. We did not spend much time birding anymore, with the exception of a day-trip to the Camargue. Near the gite we often heard the Golden Oriole, but I never got the chance for a shot. I did manage to photograph the resident redstart, though.

290. Common Redstart. June, Cevennes, France

i-3cdSGkh-XL.jpg

Good to see you found your Lammergeir. Another nice collection too.

With only ten to go what are you saving up for the debut to the 300 club?

Peter Connan

Well done one the bone marrow bird!

Dave Williams

It is indeed an excellent Hoopoe capture.

Thanks @TonyQ, @Peter Connan, @Dave Williams!

4 hours ago, Galana said:

what are you saving up for the debut to the 300 club?

I'm counting, but I might be stuck at 299. Ok, I'll count again...

From our gite in the Cevennes it was about an hour and a half drive to the Camargue, an area we wanted to visit again, as it usually provides some good sightings.

290 (again, as I skipped 288 somehow). Yellow-legged Gull. June, Camargue, France. We couldn't really miss that one.

i-ZZn5Wvn-XL.jpg

Edited by PeterHG

291. Slender-billed Gull. June. Camargue, France. One of the specialties that can usually be found at the south-eastern part of the area.

i-SkHsxsr-XL.jpg

292. Kentish Plover. June. Camargue, France

i-pghwJK4-XL.jpg

293. Tawny Pipit. June. Camargue, France.

i-xKrTWNd-XL.jpg

294. White-throated Wagtail. June. Camargue, France. This used to be a subspecies of the Western Yellow Wagtail, but is now recognized as a full species (Motacilla Cinereocapilla). 

i-wvfDzBb-L.jpg

295. Montagu's Harrier. June. Camargue, France. It kept its distance, unfortunatly, but always such a special bird to see.

i-P5SwFrZ-L.jpg

296. European Turtle Dove. June.Cevennes, France. I hardly ever see them in our country nowadays.

i-82sKcpN-XL.jpg

297. Little Tern. June. Camargue, France

i-7PqnVzG-L.jpg

Dave Williams

Come on Peter....300 is on the way , I can feel it!

298. Great Reed Warbler. June. Camargue, France. I have to revert to EBC's to even get near the 300 mark, but I heard it sing, believe me! :)

i-csJjtSL-L.jpg

299. Sardinian Warbler. June. Camargue, France. Little better than the last one, but at least recognizable....

i-ZxHXtXM-L.jpg

And now, for the magic number, a bird I very rarely see and never managed to take a picture of...

300. European Honey Buzzard. June. Cevennes, France

i-pzZKbjK-X2.jpg

Edited by PeterHG