Peter's third attempt

PeterHG

83 / Nam 65. Red-billed Firefinch. Feb Kunene.  A bit of an ebc, but the only time we saw it.

i-Q5wgFhB-L.jpg

Edited by PeterHG

84 / Nam 66. Southern White-crowned Shrike. Feb. Kamanjab.

i-pHkb7vm-X2.jpg

85 / Nam 67. Great Sparrow. Feb. Kamanjab. Another lifer. Attracted to the feeder at Oppi Koppi Restcamp.

i-Bk7GK6m-XL.jpg

Peter Connan

Fabulous Bee-eater and Darter shots Peter!

Dave Williams

Great images throughout but the juvenile Peregrine and Palm Swifts are outstanding.

@PeterHG, the Pelican profile is dazzling, all the fruit salad colours displayed. On the other hand,  the Peregrine is a formidable looking creature. Looking forward to your TR.

Thanks  for the comments @Peter Connan @Dave Williams and @elefromoz.For what it's worth: I have just started my trip report in the Self-drive thread.

6 hours ago, elefromoz said:

@PeterHG, the Pelican profil is dazzling, all the fruit salad colours displayed. On the other hand,  the Peregrine is a formidable looking creature. Looking forward to your TR.

http://safaritalk.net/topic/18461-namibia-four-weeks-four-people-four-wheel-drive/

Things are not really progressing, I'm afraid. I still have quite a few Namibian additions, but post processing the whole bunch has caused persisting shoulder problems, so I'm stuck somewhere in Etosha (not a bad place to be stuck in, of course..;). I'm alternately working on the BY thread and my trip report and I'll get there eventually, but with a little more patience than I would like....

86 / Nam 68. Southern Masked Weaver. Feb. Kamanjab. 

i-29pr4vB-X2.jpg

87 / Nam 69. Monteiro's Hornbill. Feb. Kamanjab. A Hornbill I'd never seen before and obviously I was happy to be able to photograph it.

i-TbLzMRq-X2.jpg

Peter Connan

Sorry to hear about your shoulder!

2 hours ago, Peter Connan said:

Sorry to hear about your shoulder!

Me too! Hope it gets fixed soon. Nice SM Weaver.

Just do it slowly, Peter! We will be here the whole year!

1 hour ago, xelas said:

Just do it slowly, Peter! We will be here the whole year!

I was afraid of that..;)

Dave Williams

I'm suffering too! Bad back and shoulder as well. I think spending too much time at my desk might well be the reason for the shoulder as the pins and needle effect travels down my forearm and in to my mouse hand!

The bad back certainly isn't helped by lugging heavy camera bags and gear about the place.

Great images by the way!

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

I'm suffering too! Bad back and shoulder as well. I think spending too much time at my desk might well be the reason for the shoulder as the pins and needle effect travels down my forearm and in to my mouse hand!

The bad back certainly isn't helped by lugging heavy camera bags and gear about the place.

Great images by the way!

That sounds all too familiar, Dave. I have had trouble with joints and muscles for quite a few years now, but they do not interfere too much with photography in the field, as I have a fairly light lens (100-400). When I spend too much time at the computer, however, they start acting up again. Your gear, with prime lens and tripod must be a lot heavier than mine so take care. Those complaints are easier gained than lost. You do take excellent images, though, so don’t give up....;)

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I think spending too much time at my desk might well be the reason

"Desk?" That's a new word for it.

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

travels down my forearm and in to my mouse hand!

As long as it does not affect your elbow lifting you will be OK!

Hey guys, have you ever tried using a vertical mouse?! My colleague in the office is using one for last 2 weeks and can say its elbow hurts him much less now.

15 hours ago, xelas said:

Hey guys, have you ever tried using a vertical mouse?! My colleague in the office is using one for last 2 weeks and can say its elbow hurts him much less now.

Thanks for the suggestion @xelas. I have tried several options, but I’ll keep it in mind. It was not my intention to start a Big Injury Thread, so I’ll try and post some more birds today..:D

88 / Nam 70. Martial Eagle. Feb. Etosha NP. One of the most impressive eagles for me..

i-qDQk3Sh-X2.jpg

89 /Nam 71. Sabota Lark. Feb. Etosha. I'm seldom completely sure about the larks, so let me know if you have other thoughts..

i-TvPqn5Q-X2.jpg

90 / Nam 72. Lesser Grey Shrike. Feb. Etosha. Very common in throughout Namibia.

i-rCkhsfx-XL.jpg

It's a Sabota. You are in the clear.

I really share your view on Martial Eagles. Even the 'expert' who gave it the name "Bellicosus" got it spot on.

90 / Nam 72. Kalahari Scrub Robin. Feb. Etosha. 

i-NQqzb33-XL.jpg

91 / Nam 73. Lanner Falcon. Feb. Etosha. If you wait long enough at any waterhole, chances are that you'll see a Lanner Falcon hanging about. I witnessed several attacks on Sandgrouse and Blacksmith Lapwings, but none succesful.

i-qJD4Xjk-X2.jpg

i-6SqqDT7-XL.jpg

92 / Nam 74. Crimson-breasted Shrike . Feb. Etosha. We saw it a few times but, in spite of the striking colours, it was surprisingly hard to get a decent shot of.

i-Qr4gm86-XL.jpg