Langkawi - an island of birds and flying beasts

Kitsafari

Thanks for posting. Lovely illustrated report of an area that I had never really considered as a wildlife destination 

Thank you @TonyQ you've always been very supportive and it's so much appreciated. :)

@xelas thank you for reading along - glad this reminds you of the good things in Malaysia and may there be no rains during your visit next year!

@lmSA84 I never did too until I heard there were colugos there. Best get there quick before the commercial developments take over. 

michael-ibk

What a beautiful getaway place for you and Hermann, I am jealous! Those Colugos are absolutely fascinating creatures, would love to see them. The Squirrel is also cool, saw one of those in Kaziranga. And really great sightings of the Hornbills and Pittas. But don't get used to those lazy 7:30 starts, we won't have any of those next year.;)

On 6/30/2018 at 9:38 PM, michael-ibk said:

But don't get used to those lazy 7:30 starts, we won't have any of those next year.;)

@michael-ibk  Noooooooo! :( :(

Peter Connan

Thank you for a lovely little report. You managed to see some really interesting creatures! 

@Peter Connan we did! although we missed some (like the slow loris and some raptors), but another reason to return, surely! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Fascinating report, thank you @Kitsafari  It looks like a lovely place with great birds and mammals. Aren't Giant Squirrels brilliant! I've seen them in Sri Lanka and it's like seeing a squirrel on steroids! I saw Slender Loris there which was just superb. (If you ever decide to go give me a shout as I can recommend a terrific independent guide.) The hornbill flocks are amazing, such extraordinary creatures.

@Galago for sure! Sri lanka is on ourever growing list.

• 7 months later...

I found the culogos fascinating, then those dusky monkeys and their babies popped up.  They look like cartoons!  Transparent crabs--they beat out Sponge Bob.  Such a collection of creatures.   I am sure many of us learned something.

Edited by Atravelynn

thanks @Atravelynn ! they are just the cutest - the culogos and the dusky babies. :)

@Kitsafaris  great sightings of the Hornbills. We only got the Pied Hornbills when we were at Langkawi a couple of years ago.