Awesome Mashatu

pedro maia

Very intense trip, very intense trip report! You have had many great sightings to enjoy and we have had many great photos to enjoy; thank you very much for the effort of posting both.

Great report, great sightings .

You packed a lot into a short time, and finished with a wonderful experience with the elephants at the hide. That low perspective is really special.

Thank you for posting.

Thanks for a wonderful report @pedro maiawould Mashutu be suitable for families with young kids (6 - 11 years old)?

10 hours ago, Hads said:

Thanks for a wonderful report @pedro maiawould Mashutu be suitable for families with young kids (6 - 11 years old)?

I’m glad you enjoyed the report, thanks for the comment.

I’m sure Mashatu is suitable for families with young kids such as yours, according to their website they even have special programs for children https://mashatu.com/childrens-programme/.

But you will have to stay at main camp since at tented camp they don’t accept children under 12.

Thanks for sharing your safari with us. Mashatu looks like it really produced for you. Leopards galore. I’d heard good things about the photo hides, and your experience definitely backed up those opinions. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for this great trip report! I visited Mashatu a few years ago and it is my favorite camp I have been to in Africa (I haven't been to as many as some safari talkers) but I loved both the hides and the game drives. I was there 4 nights and I did three hide activities. We stayed in the main camp since the tented camp was all booked up. The guiding was outstanding there. My son also really liked being able to go on a bike ride at the reserve along with an armed ranger (he did that one morning that I went to a hide). An incredible place--but not on the usual Botswana track. It's easier to get there from Jo'burg than from anywhere in Botswana!