Loving all the photos from Bosque. You mention that mostly locals are the ones surfing at Pan Dulce and the other beaches there, but a couple of gringos surfed there in 2014 - my husband and then-15-year-old daughter!

@michael-ibk shhh - he's not reading this report! And he might prefer that to my using his real name - he likes to stay a little incognito :ph34r:

@SafariChick, so nice to have you back ... it shows that our combined trip report do have some interest to even the most experienced, adn well travelled safaritalkers!

Well, i guess i was the last to the party, but i read all 14 pages in one sitting. Fantastic stuff

My congratulations @michael-ibk and  @xelas  and Zvedza on the great photographs and narration. I almost felt cold reading about that cabin in the mountains, and when it rained, i could sense the disappointment.

I would like to go there during July, though i don't know whether it is the right time. I shall be going to the US and thought i could combine it. 

Enjoyed reading the report and the photographs and thank you for sharing. ? ?

47 minutes ago, Earthian said:

I would like to go there during July, though i don't know whether it is the right time.

Many thanks for your kind words! 

As for your forecasted visit, any time is great time to visit Costa Rica. Yet one needs to be careful with where to stay; there are many micro-climatic areas, and weather/rain different between them.

July is also called "little summer" yet that is true mostly for the Pacific side. So this is where you should concentrate your potential visit.