Zvezda & Alex 4th time: Just birdin'

xelas

1 hour ago, xelas said:

More like impressionism; been to VanGogh museum in Amsterdam and it must have left a strong impression :D 

There had to be a reason why it's called impressionism...;)

For 1/30th, that is an impressive result!

Lovely Creeper!

One tiny step (=bird) towards the BY2019 target. Photo taken on our garden.

BY 357 / SI062

Coal Tit - Periparus ater

1423014565_CoalTit.JPG.8a8c1cc8e332c4ee7ee4d753ec210fd6.JPG

Barje, 25-Oct-2019

Dave Williams
2 hours ago, xelas said:

Really? Try harder, Dave. Spots on wing, long wings, even whiter feathers on face are visible ...

I'm not doubting what it is but as far as the photo goes you have let your imagination run wild Alex. White feathers on the face! I ask you!!!:P

OK, not white but greyish ... and yes, might be only my imagination ... that happens often with me :lol:.

Dave Williams

Amazing how many Rock Hyenas and Tree Lions we conjured up whilst on our game drives so you're not alone Alex!

Dave Williams

As a native Slavonian you might not also notice that Tree Lions on my shirt kind of rings a bell. However, the Prince of Wales feathers are more appealing!!

1 minute ago, Dave Williams said:

As a native Slavonian you might not also notice that Tree Lions on my shirt kind of rings a bell. However, the Prince of Wales feathers are more appealing!!

Sorry but as a humble male from Balkans I have completely missed the story above, so please, give it to me with a translation :mellow:

7 hours ago, xelas said:

OK, not white but greyish ..

I am with you friend. Whatever you are drinking I will have some too.:rolleyes:

7 hours ago, xelas said:

Sorry but as a humble male from Balkans

Perhaps we could start by mentioning the Honorable member for Ljubjana is a Slovenian not a Slavonian. Much blood has been shed already with this distinction.

Tree Lions.

Tree lions walked into a Liverpool pub and ordered Whiskies. The barman replied "Sorry we only serve Doubles in here!" So one lion had to leave.

Dave Williams

@xelasHumble apologies ...I blame spellcheck .

Three Lions on my shirt refers to the song ...google it....football's coming home....but it didn't....England failed miserably as per usual.

3 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

England failed miserably as per usual.

Stop watching football, start watching rugby! I have a couple of All Blacks t-shirts to give away :wacko: ...

But I was not watching that game today; the weather is just way too good to be wasted in front of the TV. Plus, we still need 8 more new birds. So we drove down to Isonzo again, hoping to find Lesser White-fronted and Garganey. No luck there, or with any new bird to add. Yet we were treated to unusually high number of Goldcrests and Coal Tits, and there was a lovely sunny day. Below photos are SOOC, only cropped.

Chiffchaff.JPG.99688f85929b260d748cceaf2b6b12dd.JPG

1285344227_CoalTit.JPG.dc36086f8d1f2dffdf33d42b48177fe7.JPG

928149516_RumenoglavikraljiekA.JPG.804086b0131db979fff3144383064733.JPG

Foce dell'Isonzo, 26-Oct-2019

Since I have started to post duplicates, here is another one. A female Pochard was presented for the Big Year count, here is the male. Taken in May in Škocjanski Zatok, Slovenia.

Pochard.JPG

Our garden feeder started to attracts also birds that are not seen so often. A Hawfinch is one such bird; already counted but it deserves a much nicer photo then the one posted for the counting. Taken just now from the balcony.

Hawfinch.JPG.dc3bf5fe936740a6c20e1461658376f3.JPG

And going to the balcony for the hawfinch was an excellent idea, as there was a rarely seen bird in our garden, and a new one to this year.

BY 358 / SI063

Brambling - Fringilla montifringilla

Brambling.JPG.3909f7eb2b236ceadd293ac94d7a9be2.JPG

422737785_Bramblingmale.JPG.e9e879546812af4c1f680893dbfd427d.JPG

Barje, 27-Oct-2019

Edited by xelas

Super shots of the Hawfinch and Brambling, @xelas. Imagine seeing those in your own garden.

17 minutes ago, PeterHG said:

Imagine seeing those in your own garden.

Yes Peter, in our garden, from the balcony. It is quite a busy day at the garden today: Great Tit, Marsh Tit, Coal Tit, Blue Tit, Tree Sparrow, Dunnock, Brambling, Hawfinch, Blackbird, Blackcap, Collared Dove , Chaffinch, ... a great day IMO.

1 hour ago, PeterHG said:

Imagine seeing those in your own garden.

You need to stay home more. Who knows what else presents itself while you are globe-trotting in the rain?

1 hour ago, Galana said:

Who knows what else presents itself while you are globe-trotting in the rain?

Are you trying to persuade me not to go to Uganda :unsure:?

11 minutes ago, TonyQ said:

What brilliant sightings from your balcony 

Tony, there are always birds at the garden, but not as many different species as today. Must be they have read about this Sunday to be the last of the Indian Summer days; 21 degrees Celsius, clear blue sky ... even got on my bike for what was probably the last drive of the year.

10 hours ago, xelas said:

Are you trying to persuade me not to go to Uganda :unsure:?

Not as long as you leave your rain making skills behind.:D

On 10/26/2019 at 3:32 PM, xelas said:

Below photos are SOOC

SOOC? Straight Out Of Camera?

I'm a bit slow with collections of letters

Hawfinch in your garden - amazing, lovely picture Alex.