Etosha-mania and skeleton coast - Namibia

Antee

@Antee Wonderful photos and the brown hyena is just stunning. @kittykat23uk I'm with you on a possible ST trip there. I went in '02 and just loved it but to go to Terrace Bay and see brown hyena would be a major treat!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Antee

• Atravelynn

• LarsS

• xelas

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Day 2.   Today I went east towards Namutoni and the plan was to look for Cheetah on the plains between Halali - Namutoni. A fairly reliable place for them.  Not today however as we didn

I will start this trip report and say that it is probably not that much new in it...  I mean, people have been doing self driving in Namibia for long time and visit all these places already and I

Skeleton coast.   After a day off from wildlife we left Khowarib campsite in the early morning with the destination Terrace Bay on Skeleton coast.    Hartmann´s Mountain Zebra was

Posted Images

On 9/4/2019 at 11:00 PM, Carol Rushton said:

@Antee  Thank you so much for sharing with us all your trip to Namibia. I have really enjoyed reading it and " sharing " your trip through your beautiful photographs. You really contextualise the landscape so well  and the placement of the animals within it, which seem tiny against such dramatic backdrops.

I particularly love your black rhinoceros shots; the lion pride positioning for the "hunt"; the night sky; the windswept dune captures; the leaping humpback whale and the Brown Hyena. I have only once had the privilege of seeing the latter, in Botswana, at distance. That you could follow yours, on foot and get such intimate captures conveys so well the magicalness of the encounter .

Thank you, again, Carol

It is reviews like these that make me blush...

Thanx alot! 

Spending an hour on foot with this Brown Hyena was a good one for sure.