Jochen

GAME: name that bird!

offshorebirder

Some sort of Antpitta?   Looks like a Chestnut-naped  but with a light green nape.

inyathi

@offshorebirder No, I'm afraid it's not an antpitta.

Soukous

Hmm, I was thinking it might be a bird from Zambia, but when @offshorebirder made his suggestion it clicked that he had been with you in Zambia and would probably know what you saw there. So I'm still struggling to even find the right continent. :(

Edited by Soukous

inyathi

@Soukous The continent is s one that you have visited a few times, although I picked this bird knowing that no regular players of this game are likely to have seen it, it is in one of the bird books on your shelf, pick the right one and you should find the bird, although it might take a while.   

For those who haven't been to the right continent and don't have a relevant book, then I'm afraid this is quite a difficult one. 

I did post a bird from Zambia before @offshorebirder rejoined the game, I haven't been tempted to do so since, but perhaps when the time is right.

Soukous

How about a female Orange-bellied Flowerpecker?

inyathi

@Soukous No it's not that, but you are in the right part of the world. 

Soukous

Slaty-bellied Tesia ?

Edited by Soukous

inyathi

@Soukous Well done, yes it is a slaty-bellied tesia seen in Thailand, over to you.

Soukous
17 hours ago, inyathi said:

it is a slaty-bellied tesia seen in Thailand, over to you.

Lucky me, I was looking at birds of India.

Soukous

I'm struggling here. I don't have many photos of 'difficult to ID' birds

try this one

zim38.jpg.cd12a6d550a400010cc1245b3a446872.jpg

Edited by Soukous
corrected typo

inyathi

@Soukous I'm not sure if this is right or not, but as it seems no one else is going to take a guess I'll say is it an African or grassland pipit (Anthus cinnamomeus)

Edited by inyathi

Soukous
9 hours ago, inyathi said:

@Soukous I'm not sure if this is right or not, but as it seems no one else is going to take a guess I'll say is it an African or grassland pipit (Anthus cinnamomeus)

Sorry Rob, it is neither of those. And I'm not going to give any clues yet because you'll succeed without them.

inyathi

@Soukous I thought that might be wrong, I was much too hasty with my guess and should have looked at it for longer, I'm thinking that it could be a Long-billed Pipit (Anthus similis), pipits are not that easy so that could be wrong as well, but the long-billed does occur in both Africa and Asia, which makes it an obvious choice and it does look like your bird.    

mvecht

@Soukous  How about Tree Pipit?