Galana's fourth effort. "Never mind the quality feel the width".

Galana

I have no shame as most of you will know.

Got home from my 6 night staycation and have failed miserably to add anything to my score.

Then, when totting up and sorting into A-Z (done to eradicate duplicates) the Long-tailed Tit threw up a gap. (I label in families thus...Tit . Blue.   Tit. Long tailed etc.,)

What? No Tit Great? I have just spent 5 days wishing they would keep off the feeder so that maybe a "Tit. Coal " may appear as well as other more acceptable UFOs.

I could have done much better with my newly honed 2020 skills and cannot explain how I come to overlook this ubiquitous local for 360 days.

However I had not it delete yet so a quick search produced some fails I can use.

Not what I would have wished to end the year on but Devils cannot be choosers.

With NO apologies, well maybe a little one or two, may I end 2020 with...

1-DSCN0332.JPG.204147a9a022f3f91d4a3429b0a0048f.JPG

1-DSCN0334.JPG.950341c54cf6ba40f7486863507ed6c4.JPG

391/IOM 98. Great Tit. on a feeder too. I cannot think how many others I could have used throughout the year.

And two nice round numbers missed by a smidgen.

Happy Noo year folks and thanks for your companionship and patience.

And happy new year to you too. Tantalizingly close to 400 is a stunning effort!

It was all my (our) pleasure to have you along this unpleasantbirding year, @Galana, See you soon in BY2021.

@GalanaI have really enjoyed your posts. Good luck for hitting 400 in 2021

At least a Great shot to finish the year with. I enjoyed all your contributions this year, both photos and comments, so I'm looking forward to more in 2021.

At the end of four years look what @Tdgravesmade me do!

Trend.JPG.20c3a26419bd2010f59e84a6825aaed7.JPG

If this was my company I would start sacking staff starting with the Boss.:o

Just as well it is only a game.

@Galana thank you for sharing your nice pictures this year.
Are you up for a friendly small side challenge next year?

I will have my own IOM count starting in February as we are moving to the Danish Island of Møn (= IOM) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Møn. The Island is 1/3 the size of Isle of Man.

In 2020 I had 120 species for all of Denmark so app 100 for a very small Island should be a good competition?

Edited by mvecht
typo

7 hours ago, mvecht said:

we are moving to the Danish Island of Møn (= IOM)

You are moving again?

But I take the gauntlet as offered even though your road connections are better.:o

My hope for 2021 is that you win it due to my frequent absences elsewhere.:D

The sofa wanted more action so we had to move :D
I do hope that you get to travel as planned. We have not made concrete travel plans yet but are also hoping to get away to bird-rich areas.

Oh man (pun intended), an IOM contest for this year!! this - I'm SO looking forward to.

@Galana @mvecht

DIng Ding, the race is on!

8 hours ago, Kitsafari said:

@Galana @mvecht

DIng Ding, the race is on!

Hmmm. Better get on track and warm up then.:D

A Great Tit definitely is not the bird I would have expected as your final one. Of all the birds possibly still missing from your count this would have been the last one I would have thought about.:D

To a much better travel 2021 for you Fred!

1 hour ago, michael-ibk said:

Of all the birds possibly still missing from your count this would have been the last one

My thoughts entirely. I just could not believe it when I realised I had missed it. It won't be the first for 2021 but I don't think it will be far down the list.

Here's to a better 2021 for you too.