Pedro does it again, 2nd Year!!

pedro maia

Nice!

This year you are definitely beating me Pedro!

Wow! Any Jack Snipe photo is an awesome Jack Snipe photo! And very cool sequence with the Little Gull.:)

It's always special to see a Jack Snipe, let alone take a flight shot of one! Agree on the Little Gull, very nice sequence and I do love the Harrier!

15 hours ago, Peter Connan said:

Nice!

This year you are definitely beating me Pedro!

I would like to "beat" you but in a normal year, I think you had a much strickter lockdown down there.

15 hours ago, michael-ibk said:

Wow! Any Jack Snipe photo is an awesome Jack Snipe photo! And very cool sequence with the Little Gull.:)

I know but still I would have liked to take a better picture.

18 minutes ago, PeterHG said:

It's always special to see a Jack Snipe, let alone take a flight shot of one! Agree on the Little Gull, very nice sequence and I do love the Harrier!

I also love the Harrier, I´ll probably see him other times during this winter.

12 hours ago, Galana said:

Excellent once more.

Thanks Fred.

• 2 weeks later...

I won´t get many more species this year, a couple more maybe, so it´s time to use a super EBC I´m not going to be able to improve, I think this one will make the master @Galanaproud :lol:.

#265 (N74), Hawfinch, 12/6, Douro Internacional

631678730_Bicogrossudo12-6.jpg.e50bcd707be5c283ad42a21f946bb8c5.jpg

Edited by pedro maia

3 hours ago, pedro maia said:

I think this one will make the master @Galanaproud 

Absolutely.

Don't worry @pedro maiaI also have a couple of EBCs tucked away which I may be pulling out soon if I can't make my 200 species any other way!

• 2 weeks later...

@pedro maia, what a handsome Harrier, and Im assuming a fairly unusual sighting. You've had a great year and I admire your focus and energy, 265 is a great selling point for Portugal indeed (Im sure there's a few other attractions there too)

A truly impressive total, @pedro maia! I do hope to see lots of birds from Portugal next year, too. Happy new year!

On 12/31/2020 at 5:09 AM, elefromoz said:

@pedro maia, what a handsome Harrier, and Im assuming a fairly unusual sighting. You've had a great year and I admire your focus and energy, 265 is a great selling point for Portugal indeed (Im sure there's a few other attractions there too)

The Palid Harrier is a rarity here, I saw one in 2019 but not an adult male like this one.

7 hours ago, PeterHG said:

A truly impressive total, @pedro maia! I do hope to see lots of birds from Portugal next year, too. Happy new year!

I hope you see lots of birds here Peter, and I would like to help you on that.

Happy 2021!!

Congratulations Pedro on the single-country win! A great achievement, you really showed some dedication this year, well done. Hopefully we can bird again together in 2021!

A great total for a single country - well done!