That monster of an ice cream is a well-earned reward for all your hard work!

thanks for sharing the thoroughly enjoyable TR ! I'll make it ONE DAY to the mountain gorillas and will work hard before it too. 

A really fun report, so glad you decided to tackle this after all. On your phone - kudos! You've long earned your credentials because your love for Africa always shines through so no worries about the Finfoot. You'd have to be one of these crazy birding people to get excited about it. ;-)

Thanks @Caracal @Kitsafari and @michael-ibk so glad you enjoyed it.

@Caracal I thought we were going to Hwange with @tonypark! It's honestly the first time I have no idea where I'm going next. The mortgage will be paid before fall and that just opens up so many options for me. The most likely is Kilimanjaro and Serengeti in 2022 and hopefully Mana at some point. But I really miss Luangwa and need to go back. I plan on reading some Kafue reports and will consider combining it. If you are ever considering going again let me know I would love to cross paths with you.

@Kitsafari ice cream is always a well earned reward😁. And I will be first in line for your Mountain Gorilla report.

I would never call you crazy @michael-ibk would I? Now I know you don't need any encouragement to write a report but I can't wait for a Ruaha one especially from this time of year. So get cracking😄

@dlo

Well in a few thanks you summed up my three favorite safari parks until now ( Luangwa , Kafue and Ruaha) and another one for the near future soon to be revealed in the planning for 2021!

57 minutes ago, BRACQUENE said:

@dlo

Well in a few thanks you summed up my three favorite safari parks until now ( Luangwa , Kafue and Ruaha) and another one for the near future soon to be revealed in the planning for 2021!

I'm interested in your impressions of North Luangwa. Don't hear much about it but it's a very intriguing place for me. The Serengeti will probably always be my favourite park and it's been nearly 10 years. I'd love to combine it with Serengeti in February, it would make for a fantastic contrast. 

@dlo

I was thinking to start a new post about North Luangwa even before I will visit it for the first time next July ;  I suppose only a few people active on safaritalk have visited it because it is so extremely remote , until recently offered only walking in a few camps (now with Takwela drives are possible) and since I was in Tafika and did the walking in 2014 I was like obsessed by the North !

a great trip report @dlo and you made it to so many cool places that we never got to - makes me want to hop on a plane and head straight back!

Edited by adamt123

Thanks @dlo - nice thought. NZ this year for me but vague thoughts of August 2021 are starting to float around. Will PM you  if they start to crystallise.

PS What happened re Hwange?

Posted December 22, 2018

That's some serious clickbait @Caracal! If he's guaranteed to be in camp I'll meet you in Hwange around the campfire.

So I can't copy paste properly from my phone  but you posted about Tony Park opening a lodge in Hwange and I joked about us meeting in Hwange. I seem to remember all useless information but can't remember what Chris told me this morning!

Nz is my dream and it is soon for us so I hope you either do a report or don't mind if I ask you a few questions down the road. My problem is Chris wanting some time in Australia as well and I don't think there's enough time for both.

Look forward to hearing you're plans.

I almost forgot... re post #110

Otters!

And yes that was where we stayed. 

Hadn't thought about doing a TR @dlo but I'll be in NZ for 19 days mid April to 3 May. Feel free to PM me any time after that and I'll be happy to help answer any queries if I can.

PS I'd misunderstood your reference to Hwange but there's another thought to mull over!