Steady as you go, B.Y. 2020

Dave Williams

Beautiful pictures of both the Purple Heron and especially the Barn Owl @Dave Williams, maybe worth the wait after all!

Last year I saw a group of 3 Egyptian geese on Conder Pool, near Glasson Dock, south of Lancaster.  They stayed around for a few weeks early in the year.

Absolutely stunning set of birds from Sri Lanka and well done hitting a very quick 100!

Steady as you go, the man said...

Eish.

Great shots, maybe I'll have to give this big year a go next year too :D

11 hours ago, shazdwn said:

Everyone is welcome @shazdwn it's not too late to start now :ph34r:.....

Dave Williams
1 hour ago, Tdgraves said:

Everyone is welcome @shazdwn it's not too late to start now :ph34r:.....

Indeed, I only started two days ago...kind of.

On 2/13/2020 at 2:44 PM, shazdwn said:

I think I started last year's BY  in April.  N look where I ended up (ok with the help of EBCs)

Just do it @shazdwn

@Dave Williamsgorgeous shots from sri lanka and pulling so far ahead already. It's shaping up to be an exciting year!

Dave Williams

@KitsafariThanks, It will take me until the Autumn to hit 250 I would think. I have no numeric ambition whatsoever this year but happy to tootle along for the craic. 

Dave Williams

I forgot I called in to look at the Black Grouse on my way to look for Barn Owls! This is the usual spot on the moors of North Wales.The light was particularly poor, the birds stayed distant and flew much earlier than usual leaving me wondering was it worth getting up so early. I doubt I'll try again so this will have to do.

116)

49538523877_bfcbba6a18_b.jpgBlack Grouse by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dave Williams

I spent quite a lot of hours trying to get a decent shot of the Firecrest at our local reserve before I left on holiday at the beginning of January. It doesn't stay still and views are infrequent and usually frustrating. I'll settle for this one, a branch right across the bird but that's what the eye tends to see!

117)

49538305031_d8d2fde6e1_b.jpgFirecrest by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Wow, Mr. Williams, I will call you Lightning Lad now. Must be a record for posting the most species in the shortest amount of time. Beautiful photos, many gorgeous clicks! More than glad to see you back in the game. 

Superb photography from Sri Lanka! Your  home patch ones are not too bad either...:P. Great to see your additions again.

Dave Williams

We have had some pretty grim weather here this last week or two. Right now we are in the grip of Storm Dennis with lots of rain and very high winds. It dropped off a little this afternoon so I took advantage of the opportunity and took a look at the local coastline to look for the Purple Sandpipers that over winter here. I found a couple but they were roosting so although they don't make the best of subjects at least it's an addition. 200% crop mind!

118)

49543937817_1668016043_b.jpgPurple Sandpiper. Calidris maritima by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dave Williams

The UK is under siege from continuous rainfall at the moment. Thankfully we have been spared any severe flooding unlike many ,many people however, the local fields are more attractive to some wildlife.

120) 

49551838053_559700218b_b.jpgBlack-headed Gull  Chroicocephalus ridibundus by Dave Williams, on Flickr

such lovely additions. and the sun seems to be shining - sure doesn't look like the storm has been through. 

Edited by Kitsafari

Just catching up- a wonderful Sri Lanka collection, beautiful photos.

Some fine birds from UK also.

The Firecrest is great!

One of the best merganser shots I've seen!

Dave Williams
25 minutes ago, PeterHG said:

One of the best merganser shots I've seen!

Thanks Peter. Out of interest and boredom due to the weather I have just downloaded Lightroom on trial for 7 days and I have to say I'm impressed. I have been using Canon's free DPP which I thought was ok but this is so much better. Looks like another expense but worth it!

49595743402_46fabe23fb_b.jpgLightroom! by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Fantastic picture - great close up of the 'sawbill'.